View RSS Feed

Maerad(",)

1. The Flowering of the Lily

I was in Maerad's room when suddenly a bard came and said that they needed my help in the kitchens. With a sigh, and with a regret that I will leave Maerad alone, I left the room. But luckily, I stumbled on Cadvan, I told him to take care of Maerad in her room while I'm gone.

But something happened while I'm in the kitchens. Cadvan unexpectedly came flying into the kitchen pale-faced as if a dozen wights were chasing him! I thought there was a fire! but to my relief, there was none. ...

Updated April 24th, 2009 at 06:23 PM by Maerad(",)

Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Meeting Maerad and Cadvan

Cadvan came to Innail, but he has a companion, a girl named Maerad. She was so thin as stick and pale as sheet. No wonder she passed out when Malgorn called me. She is a complete stranger, but i think i like her, she was so innocent in this world. She said that Cadvan rescued her from Gilman's Cot and that she didn't know about bards and schools. It was my first time to meet someone that is so innocent about anything. But that innocence draw me close to her more, like a hungry man to his food. ...

Updated April 18th, 2009 at 08:55 PM by Maerad(",)

Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Thoughts

Malgorn is sleeping, and i dont have much to do. So i spend my time looking at the birds outside. As I looked at the birds, i wondered, do animals miss their families too? Did they cry when they found out that their offsprings are gone? The pain is still here on my heart. I cannot remove the longing to see her again.

I looked at Malgorn, did he miss her too? If so, then why is he jolly still? like nothing happened to our daughter? The thought hurts like a needle pressed into my heart. ...

Updated March 18th, 2009 at 05:17 AM by Maerad(",)

Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Sickness

Malgorn is sick! maybe from his exhaustion in work. He is lying on the bed all day, and I, as his noble wife, am taking care of him. He have a fever and cold. I don't know how did he get that, maybe from the other bards?

I remembered the White Sickness, and the people who's infected by it. They are burned alive in their own homes and left by their families until they die. Oh, as a healer, i wish i can find a cure to help them. But only powerful bards can do that of course, like Nelac. ...

Updated March 18th, 2009 at 05:17 AM by Maerad(",)

Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. The coming Meet

It's been days since i wrote to this journal. Two days, i guess?

It's because of the Meet. The Meet is still far but the first bard told us to arrange the ceremonies earlier. I already finished my work, so i will be writing here again.

Nothing happened special today, except that i heard that Cadvan was missing. I am not so sure if this rumor is true, but that is ill news. I dont know what will be Malgorn's expression when he heard it. I am terribly concerned about him. ...

Updated March 14th, 2009 at 12:55 AM by Maerad(",)

Categories
    Uncategorized
  6. Sadness and Sorrow

Sadness and sorrow.

That's what i felt when i laid the rose on my daughter's tomb. I wanted to cry and to weep for her death, but my tears are already dry.

I cannot comb her hair anymore, nor sing her lullabies. I can no longer tell her stories and histories of this world, for she is now the part of it.

Oh, how i long to hug her one last time. I know she will be happy in The Gates.

~ Silvia of Innail
    Categories
    Uncategorized