View RSS Feed

mystryder

1. Untied

~Arkan, Winterking

Now that it is spring, I have decided to venture out of my palace. Elsewhere the warm rays of the sun are melting snow and giving life to the flowers and trees. But this far up north, the only living things are the wolves that occasionally wander the abandoned plains. The faint sunlight that glistens on the snow is not enough to bring warmth, but merely teases beings with the false promise of heat.

I am alone in my wanderings. No other living thing

Updated April 10th, 2009 at 11:25 AM by mystryder

Categories
    Arkan
  2. Ponderings

~Arkan, Winterking

I am overwhelmed. Perhaps I have been in solitary for too long, and have forgotten the strange, unpredictable ways of humans. I had been certain that no one would ever sympathize with me, and perhaps I am mistaken, but I do believe that some souls out there may pity me. And I do not know why I have even posted this. I have not been so unsure about anything in such a long time.

Nothing in this world, apart from us Elidhu, ever lasts. Not even such

Categories
    Arkan
  3. The pain of rejection runs deep

~Arkan

It is cold in my world, as cold as I feel now.

There is a gaping hole in my heart, where I bury all my hurt and pain. Maerad's betrayal nearly killed me, though I cannot die. I have not felt such strong emotions for such a long time, and they had never been as intense as they are now.

Will my heart ever heal? It seems not; not now. The wounds in my heart are fresh, and as painful as the day she left me. I know she resents me for holding her for

Categories
    Arkan
  4. Many clouded thoughts

~Arkan

The wind is howling outside, and the beginnings of a blizzard transform the landscape into a blank white country. It is a new canvas, waiting for an artist to express him or herself.

I know not why many dismiss my kingdom as bleary and dead. True, there is a certain beauty in the things that grow, however brief their life, and in flowers and trees. There is none of that here. But there is another beauty, one ageless and pure. There is the beauty of snow, drifting

Updated April 10th, 2009 at 11:26 AM by mystryder

Categories
    Arkan
  5. I don't know what to think...

~Arkan

I am so used to being alone. As an Elidhu, we tend to avoid human contact. They are so weak, and die so quickly. They know nothing of timelessness, nor so many of the things I know. In a way they are pathetic, but many humans have accomplished things, though whether they are great or not is not for me to judge.

I have been alone for thousands upon thousands of years. And it has never bothered me before. That is, not until now.

It is so strange,

Updated April 10th, 2009 at 11:26 AM by mystryder

Categories
    Arkan