View RSS Feed

kenplumsteel

1. Enemies Return - The Slingshot Saga Volume 4

Well, been a while since I posted to my blog but been busy. The 4th & final book in The Slingshot Saga Series (say that fast 3 times) called Enemies Return is now published & is available at all the usual on line book outlets. Thanks.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. link to newspaper article about me & books

3. The Caves of Kreghan - The Slingshot Saga Volume 3

My third book in The Slingshot Saga fantasy series called The Caves of Kreghan has now been released. It is available at Amazon, Barnes & Noble & other on line sites.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. next book

Working on finishing up the manuscript for Volume 3 of The Slingshot Saga. Called The Caves of Kreghan.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. E-Book news

The Slingshot Saga Volume One is now available as an E-book at Amazon Kindle & Google Ebookstore. Soon at Barnes & Noble Nook.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  6. Second book has been released

My second book, The Sorceress of the East Woods - The Slingshot Saga Continues is out now. It can be purchased on line at Chapters, Amazon, Borders & other locations as well as through PublishAmerica. See website at kenpl.shawwebspace.ca

Perhaps Derek, Sam & Lana Ron will be your next set of young heroes to pick up the mantle left by Harry Potter & friends.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  7. Contract signed for Volume 2

Just signed the contract with the publisher for volume 2 of The Slingshot Saga.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  8. The Slingshot Saga Vol. 2

Finished revisions to vol. 2 of The Slingshot Saga. Looking to publish in Spring of 2010.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  9. The Slingshot Saga - Vol. 2

Working on final revisions to the second volume of The Slingshot Saga. Part one is entitled The Sorceress of the East Woods.

About half way through the revisions.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  10. Book on sale for limited time

Just found out my book is on sale on line at the publisher's site for a limited time...$6.99 US

Go to http://www.publishamerica.com/shopping & typr in The Slingshot Saga.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  11. Excerpt from Chapter 12 of The Slingshot Saga Vol. 1

With amazing speed the Giant flicked the net in their direction and would have easily engulfed all three had not Gal Ron impulsively taken a step back. Thus the net just grazed Gal Ron’s chest as it encircled and trapped Sam and Baf Ron under its weight. Gal Ron instinctively turned and ran. The Giant calmly gathered the net around the two captives and then laid his club across the net to ensure no escape was possible. He then picked up a rock that Sam estimated to be about a foot in diameter ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  12. Excerpt from Chapter 6 of The Slingshot Saga Vol. 1

They were about to start in the direction of the wall when Sam grabbed Derek by the arm and said, “Do you hear something?”

Derek listened for a moment and replied, “No…what did you hear?”

“I dunno sounded like something howling…maybe my imagination…let’s go.”

Unconsciously the boys walked a little faster in the direction of the wall.

The wall was now in sight by the naked eye but unfortunately this time both boys heard howling and ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  13. Excerpt from prologue of The Slingshot Saga -vol. 1

He watched from behind a large stand of trees fifty feet away as the two men stood in the river shallows spear fishing.

He wanted to capture both alive as earlier he had stalked two others and had to kill one of the two that had tried to escape. The corpse lay on top of his wagon and would be a meal for his “pets” when he returned home.

The other was secured inside his wagon.

As he watched, he worked out a plan of attack. If he moved ten feet to the ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  14. The Slingshot Saga Volume 1

If you liked the Chronicles of Narnia and the Lord of the Rings then read The Slingshot Saga.

The story’s main characters, Derek and Sam, are teenage cousins who love adventure and plan to spend the summer working on Sam’s family farm and hanging out.

However, a mysterious scroll with unusual directions leads them to a strange land fraught with danger and unique, deadly creatures.

They are befriended by a primitive life style people who turn out to be ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized