View RSS Feed

Keith Robinson

1. Book cover comparison

I've been waiting impatiently for the proof copy of Labyrinth of Fire to arrive, and finally it showed up today. It looks exactly as I expected it to look, and I'm very happy, especially when stood next to Island of Fog on my shelf! Fills me with warm fuzzies. :-)

Speaking of book cover comparisons, Island of Fog has been through two or three minor revisions since April, and we're talking very minor edits to fix a couple of typos and re-word a sentence or two. But the latest revision ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. New dragonized book cover

Originally posted on October 1, 2009...

I finished Labyrinth of Fire (for now) and have sent out a couple of copies for proofing. One went to my brother Darren in England, who has one or two eyes for detail and is a qualified proofreader. Another went to Laura Canning, who is Irish but currently living in Australia. She's a journalist, author and proofreader. I might send out a couple more proofs shortly.

Updated October 3rd, 2009 at 01:37 PM by Keith Robinson

Categories
    Progress and updates on novel writing
  3. 104,227

Originally posted on September 18, 2009...

I wrote the final words of Labyrinth of Fire last night. If I smoked I would have lit a ciggie, and if I had some champagne I would have popped the cork. Instead I watched The Office and ate a frozen strawberry popsicle.

104,227 is the total number of words (227 pages) in this first draft. This is longer than the previous book, but I have some editing and cutting to do so hopefully it will squeeze down to Island of Fog size, ...

Updated October 3rd, 2009 at 01:37 PM by Keith Robinson

Categories
  4. Final chapters of Labyrinth of Fire

Originally posted on September 11, 2009...

I've been keeping tracking of my daily word count as I approach the last few chapters of Labyrinth of Fire. In my last post I said I needed to do an average of 2909 words a day for the next 11 days. Well, I have something like 14,300 words to go, which is now an average of 2860 a day for the remaining 5 days (including today). I'm getting there, and am still on target!

Of course, word count doesn't mean a whole lot. Page count ...

Updated October 3rd, 2009 at 01:36 PM by Keith Robinson

Categories
  5. Lava tubes and dragons

Originally posted on September 4, 2009...

Progress on Labyrinth of Fire is slow but sure. I'm still on target at the moment, so I'm not worried. Yet. Some parts are easier to write than others. Yesterday I managed 3360 words, the day before 2190 words, and before that well, I've forgotten. I don't mark the exact places I start and stop. Anyway, the point is, I plan to finish the first draft by around September 15th, which gives me about 11 days to write approximately 32,000 more ...

Updated October 3rd, 2009 at 01:36 PM by Keith Robinson

Categories
  6. Treatments and manuscripts

Originally posted on August 18, 2009...

In between doing book talks at libraries and getting on with my day job, I'm still managing to find some time to write.

I finished a treatment for Island of Fog this morning and sent it to Whitt Brantley, my film agent (Heh! It never gets old saying that!). I'm sure he'll do what is necessary to make it "producer-readable." A treatment, in case you don't know and I didn't until recently is a full summary of the story, ...

Updated October 3rd, 2009 at 01:35 PM by Keith Robinson

Categories
  7. The Bookshelf interview on UCTV-3

Originally posted on August 11, 2009...

Today I actually went on LIVE television for a half-hour interview at the local UCTV-3 studio in Fort Oglethorpe, Georgia. I knew beforehand that it would be a cozy affair, with no audience present but possibly viewers calling in. It was actually a lot more cozy than I thought possible a large room with several different sets for similar interview shows, and three cameras set up with cables and wires trailing off into a room beyond.

Updated October 3rd, 2009 at 01:35 PM by Keith Robinson

Categories
  8. TV and film agent for Island of Fog

This is my first blog post here at ssfworld.com, but I've been running a blog at UnearthlyTales.com for a while. I thought I'd post some of my older posts here to get caught up.

Originally posted on August 9, 2009...

A film agent contacted me on July 22nd with an interest in turning my novel Island of Fog into a screenplay. The agent, Whitt Brantley, said he was a Piers Anthony fan and had seen my book reviewed on Piers Anthony's website (second paragraph). Based on ...

Updated October 3rd, 2009 at 01:34 PM by Keith Robinson

Categories