View RSS Feed

Ian Feman

1. Writer's eye

I have now found a couple of minutes to pop in here. My time has been consumed so much that it took me almost a week of vacation to get a few minutes for posting here. I want to do it, because I want to thank all of you who frequent this site. The reason being that I now know what the writer's eye is. When I now read a text, I do it with a new eye. I can see it more clearly and analyse it continually and automatically. I believe that is your doing, through the competitions. It's of course not perfect, ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. First step to success

I have now participated in my first flash fiction contest on this forum and I finished last, rightly earned. It was a rush job and it clearly showed me that editing is not only the heavy job, but also the important part. I now look forward to new competitions with lessons learned. My objective now is to reach a level in these (and maybe other) competitions that places me among the top entries. I will therefore put the other writing on hold for now.

I would also like to express my ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Introduction

Greetings from the past.

I'm a really lazy person who really like fantasy. I'm also a bit of philosopher and general thinker. That is why creativity has never been much of a problem for me, or so I thought. I have now discovered that the fantasy I like has many connections with each other and very little is unique. I have found that I have been thwarted in my writing by two things.

The first obstacle I have had to overcome is my thinking. It seems to me that I can always ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized