View RSS Feed

Eldanuumea

1. I may give up on SyFy.

SyFy keeps breaking my heart. First, they positioned Stargate Universe on a Tuesday opposite Dancing with the Stars, which I have never watched but which most of America watches. Then they moved it abruptly to Monday night.....I caught the midseason opener by pure luck.

Cancelling what is arguably the best series in the Stargate Universe is very short-sighted and stupid.** Apparently, DVR'd shows don't count in the ratings game.

Robert Carlysle (spelling?) is an ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Living with Fibromyalgia

Depressing title, yep. But now that I've been officially diagnosed with this thing - I don't think of it as a disease, but as a syndrome - I feel a bit vindicated.
    The medicine I'm on handles most of the joint and muscle pain, but what it doesn't seem to help is the constant fatigue. When my doctor asked me if I experienced fatigue often, I thought for a minute and realized I had no memory of what it felt like not to feel tired. I wake up tired. Exhaustion is what I feel by the end of a ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Where Has the Time Gone?

God, it's been longer than I want to admit since I've logged on here. My life has been filled to the brim with health issues - hubby's and mine - and job-related toxic stress. There have been issues with my children's lives as well. I have decided to retire from teaching this May, because it dawned on me the job might kill me before I stopped.
    Long story short.....I am on blood pressure medicine, fibromyalgia medicine, and several other psychtropic drugs. It bothers me that my daily survival ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized