View RSS Feed

SkyFitsJeff

1. Expiration Date - a free science fiction short story

When one thinks of a time machine, he imagines all the exotic adventures he could take. But what if a large firm were to get their hands on one and let its legal and compliance department have a say? How could they foul up a perfectly wonderful invention? One man is about to find out.

Download your free copy at http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/28394
  2. Scifi readers are smarter than the average bear

I just finished the first draft of my latest short story, and I've been trying really hard to be more subtle and less heavy handed than I was in my first novel.

I've spent 8 years in advertising where you need to be as clear and direct as possible to get the message thru because most people are kind of stupid. That's the mindset that I had writing that first novel, and it turned out to be a lot more heavy handed than I meant it to be. I keep forgetting that readers of science fiction ...
  3. Where have all the Short Stories gone?

I bought a Kindle a year ago, and one of the many things I loved best about it was the selection of short stories I could download for $.59, $.79, or $1.50; stories that were printed in a magazine years ago and haven't been seen since. Stories that I wouldn't even have known about let alone read otherwise. Stories by Charles Sheffield, Kevin J. Anderson, and L. Sprague De Camp that are as good as it gets. And download I did.

The other day I was browsing the Kindle store to see if ...