View RSS Feed

Uncategorized

Entries with no category

1. The internet. Sigh.

by , September 6th, 2013 at 09:30 PM (Snappy Blog Title TK)
    Some days the internet really... pisses me off.

I read a book (published in 1996), it mentions a thirty year failure cycle for major collapses in bridges, it then goes on to mention the Millenium foot bridge as completing the cycle (because in 2007 the I-35W bridge collapsed and the book wasn't out--though admittedly the thesis applies to different TYPES of bridges, so the 35W bridge is outside that as it is not a new type of bridge and the "failure" we are all waiting for ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Rocket Science Anthology released

by , May 26th, 2012 at 08:28 AM (Snappy Blog Title TK)
    I submitted a story to this market that wasn't accepted - no worries, it's kind of a tough story to sell but it did rather fit the concept.

Anyway, the anthology is out and getting some nice notices in the UK press. (Well, I presume the Guardian is UK. I'm 99% sure....)

learn more about the anthology here:
    http://www.mutationpress.com/

From the sound of it, it's a little more social than Ian pictured at the beginning of the submissions call, a ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Getting back into it...

by , March 24th, 2012 at 09:06 PM (Snappy Blog Title TK)
    Digging in at duotrope's theme calendar. Interesting things in May, but I'm afraid that's unrealistically soon for me to clear some time to write.

But I do have some completed stories I might be able to dust off, polish a bit, and send off later in the year.

"Bitter End" if I finish it, should be good for seven deadly sins as well as Revenge theme, and I have another unsold, "Heartbreaker" that might be sci-fi horror if you squint enough.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. August & September S/F/H deadlines

by , August 12th, 2011 at 09:17 AM (Snappy Blog Title TK)
    Late. I know.

SNM Horror Magazine September Silhouettes: haunting ghosts, poltergeists, lost souls or distraught spirits 20 Aug 2011

Crossed Genres SF/F and Monsters 31 Aug 2011

Rymfire eBooks: State of Horror: California Horror Stories set in California 31 Aug 2011

(oh, nuts. I have a story idea for this one. I'd better start writing it.)

Wily Writers Speculative Fiction Mythpunk 31 Aug 2011

Crossed Genres: ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized