View RSS Feed

Story Sales

Reports on sales to various markets. So far only one sale, but we'll see.

1. Live and Let Undead to be podcast

by , January 29th, 2012 at 01:31 PM (Snappy Blog Title TK)
    There is a plan for a podcast / audio version of Live and Let Undead.

For those interested. I'll post more details when I have more details.

--Brian.

Updated January 29th, 2012 at 01:32 PM by expatrie (bad italic tags. Had to fix. Couldn't help myself.)

Categories
    Story Sales
  2. Live and Let Undead released!

by , January 4th, 2012 at 12:59 PM (Snappy Blog Title TK)
    My story "Industrial Disease" is in the Live and Let Undead anthology edited by Hollie Snider.

Live and Let Undead Anthology.

If you're interested, give it a try.

(While the cover may imply some kind of.... well... adult relationship between zombie and the living, my story is not like that.....)

--Brian.
    Categories
    Story Sales , Writing
  3. My Second (tentative) Sale!

by , July 3rd, 2011 at 10:34 PM (Snappy Blog Title TK)
    I have a second story accepted in a zombie anthology.

We'll see if I can get all the revisions done in time. See, I was the 19th choice in a field of 18, then someone dropped out. Which means my story needs the most work and I have the least time to revise it.

Stay tuned.

Great advice from the editor, and it's really jarred me out of my previous "all that needs to be fixed are the typos" style of revisions--shuffling sentence order around ...

Updated July 29th, 2011 at 05:44 PM by expatrie (fixing typos.)

Categories
    Story Sales , Writing
  4. The Joy of Royalty Statements...

by , May 25th, 2011 at 10:38 PM (Snappy Blog Title TK)
    Got the first royalty statement for State of Horror: Texas today. It's just out and sales are starting to come in, we'll see if things pick up and in the meantime, keeping at work. For an anthology with five stories it's doing pretty well, I think. (Trying to keep my expectations low based on intimations from Bird by Bird, among others. Hope I can think of something else to promote the story and anthology but for now that's in the germinating stage.

I got comments on a rejected ...

Updated May 31st, 2011 at 07:43 PM by expatrie

Categories
    Story Sales , Writing
  5. State of Horror: Texas "Lubbock or Leave It" now available.

by , April 25th, 2011 at 07:36 PM (Snappy Blog Title TK)
    My story, my first sale, "Lubbock or Leave It" is now available in State of Horror: Texas.

Think zombies and humor.

Anyway. Here are some links. No obligation.

on Amazon Kindle $2.99

on Lulu - print version $7.99 and eBook $2.99

eBook on SmashWords $2.99

Looks like all the links are good. Hope nobody minds the .. well. You know.

Anyway, if you're looking for a sample of my ...

Updated April 30th, 2011 at 03:13 PM by expatrie

Categories
    Story Sales , Markets , Reading , Writing
  6. Letting go....

by , October 17th, 2010 at 01:12 AM (Snappy Blog Title TK)
    So here's something I'm getting to deal with now, as my story creeps toward publication (yes, from what I hear it is going forward and further, I have a contract I need to sign).

As an aside, if anyone knows of a starving artist, steer them my way as the publisher is looking for someone to do cover art, probably "exposure only" but it will be an ebook, on smashwords, Amazon if I recall correctly, and a Lulu POD title, so there's something up on the electronic-only alternatives, ...
    Categories
    Story Sales , Writing
  7. The Joys of Submitting

by , July 29th, 2010 at 12:38 AM (Snappy Blog Title TK)
    So back in April I started circulating nine stories of mine. Two went out as simultaneous submissions to a contest, another to an alumni contest, the others went in various states and lengths to twelve other markets.

Six were sci-fi, one was "real-enough" not to be sci-fi (think your more grounded X files or Lone Gunman episodes, or something like Enemy of State level "real"). Two were horror and one of those was extreme enough I figured nobody would ever love ...

Updated September 17th, 2010 at 11:04 PM by expatrie (to/too typo. redid categories 9/16)

Categories
    Markets , Story Sales , Writing
  8. Contracts and book advances.

by , July 15th, 2010 at 01:50 PM (Snappy Blog Title TK)
    Ok, so old thread.

http://www.sffworld.com/forums/showt...ght=Bestseller

I hope that works. It's supposed to hook to the "Cold, Hard Reality."

Um, someone was saying that data on advances paid to authors is hard to find.

Having a friend / compatriot going through the contract process, I can now tell you why.

"Confidentiality clause." Do not disclose the terms of this contract. ...

Updated September 17th, 2010 at 11:08 PM by expatrie (added link to forum post. 9/16 - revised post category)

Categories
    Story Sales , Markets , Writing
  9. My First Sale!

by , July 7th, 2010 at 12:47 AM (Snappy Blog Title TK)
    7/6/10 - 2,700 word short story has been accepted to an e-book anthology. Contracts and details pending. More details when it's a done deal and the contracts are signed.

Zombie horror. Well, zombies, at least.

Updated July 10th, 2010 at 02:05 AM by expatrie (added zombies)

Categories
    Story Sales