View RSS Feed

Uncategorized

Entries with no category

1. Time to get cranking again!

Based on reader feedback, I've decided to write one more Kinshield book to tie up the loose ends (and close the door I left cracked open). Right behind that one is a story that's been burning in my head for eons. I talked about it in my guest post on Nathan Lowell Presents. In fact, I've already lined up the cover artist for that story: Phatpuppy Art.

The wrinkle in this plan is that I now have an agent. An experienced NYC agent who represents quite a few celebs. Maybe nothing will ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Taking a breather

Whew! After a busy couple of months finishing my latest book and getting it out the door, I'm finally able to sit back and relax. As much as I'd like to get started on the next story, I've promised myself that August is reading month. I've read Stephanie Plum novel #14 and a Scott Nicholson thriller. Next up I think I'd like something in a Science Fiction. So many good books to read, so little time!

Of course, I get distracted watching the sales of my books. Today, both Kinshield ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Romance in fantasy

I admit, I've never been a fan of romance in fantasy, although if it fits the plot, I certainly don't mind it. Now I find myself needing to include a romantic subplot in my fantasy novel, and I'm not quite sure I know how I feel about it.

Writing the kissy, emotional scenes doesn't bother me. I don't plan to include anything R rated, so if my characters do end up in bed, it'll be behind a closed door. What makes me squirm is the need for it in the first place. For those who know the ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. When readers want a sequel

I wrote my SF novel as a stand-alone story with no intentions of writing a sequel. Lately, though, readers have been expressing the desire for a second or even a third book with these characters. The thing is, a sequel wouldn't really be SF -- or if it is, it'd be because I manufactured some other difference between the engineered people (the saphers) and the regular humans. To me, that would be cheesy and obvious -- a stunt that's obviously an attempt to milk the original book.

While ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. New review from Juniper Grove

The Venom of Vipers received its twelfth 5-star review at Amazon today from blogger Jaidis Shaw at Juniper Grove.

"The only other thing that I can really say about The Venom of Vipers without giving too much away is to do yourself a favor and get your own copy to read today. Seriously! You won’t be sorry!"
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  6. 99c sale

The sale is over.

Updated April 10th, 2011 at 10:16 PM by kcmay

Categories
    Uncategorized
  7. New review from Midwest Book Review

Mary Cowper, a senior reviewer for Midwest Book Review, gave The Venom of Vipers 5 stars and wrote:

"'The Venom of Vipers' is a unique and intriguing work of science fiction, highly recommended."

Updated February 12th, 2011 at 02:40 PM by kcmay

Categories
    Uncategorized
  8. New review from SFBook.com

Antony at sfbook.com reviewed The Kinshield Legacy a couple months ago and gave it a solid and very fair 4-star review. I asked if he'd be willing to read my SF novel, The Venom of Vipers, and he agreed. His review is up!

"The Venom of Vipers is insightful, creative and just such an incredible piece of fiction, highly recommended."

http://sfbook.com/the-venom-of-vipers.htm

Updated February 11th, 2011 at 07:25 AM by kcmay

Categories
    Uncategorized
  9. New review from Iceberg Ink

Scott, from Iceberg Ink, writes:

"The story is wholly interesting and by the time you get to the end you realize that although it doesn’t go out of its way to add much new to the arena, it is definitely entertaining. That is really all I ask for out of this sort of classical high fantasy book. Entertainment plain and simple. You will get that with THE KINSHIELD LEGACY in spades."

http://icebergink.blogspot.com/2011/...kinshield.html ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  10. Interview!

Author Simon Royle interviewed me on his web site about The Venom of Vipers. He's giving away a free ebook copy of it to the person who makes the coolest comment!

Another scientist posted a review of Venom on Goodreads and was "delighted at how seamlessly The Venom of Vipers tied the real science in with the science fiction. You could almost even call it science future since the theory behind the concept is real (transgenic organisms). I was also thrilled with how the author ...

Updated January 27th, 2011 at 08:21 AM by kcmay

Categories
    Uncategorized
  11. Daily giveaway for The Venom of Vipers

From now until I decide not to do it anymore , I'm giving away one ebook copy per day of my sci-fi novel The Venom of Vipers.

Details are on my web site: http://www.kcmay.com
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  12. Darkiss reads The Kinshield Legacy!

Darkiss, on his review blog Darkiss reads, wrote this about The Kinshield Legacy:

"Well written and highly entertaining, you are taken on an adrenalin fuelled roller-coaster ride of excitement and exhilaration. K.C. May is well worth adding to your fantasy collection and will sit comfortably beside David Eddings, Raymond E. Feist and Stephen Donaldson."

Full review can be read at http://www.darkissreads.com/2011/01/...y-k-c-may.html
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  13. The Venom of Vipers gets a face-lift

After reading a lot of forum discussions lately about cover designs and taking a long, hard look at the cover for The Venom of Vipers, I decided it needed a change. It needed to be interesting. And I needed the help of someone who designs book covers, not just an artist, so I contacted Carl Graves of Extended Imagery.

Not only did Carl "see into" my book based on what little description I gave him, he picked out the most interesting tidbits and put together a cover that ...

Updated January 17th, 2011 at 10:30 PM by kcmay

Categories
    Uncategorized
  14. Top four of 2010!

My debut novel, The Kinshield Legacy, was just named one of the top four reads of 2010 at DailyCheapReads.com!

I can't tell you how excited and thrilled I am! As a writer, there's *nothing* better than hearing that people are enjoying my books. I may have a tough time breaking through the indie barrier, but I'm chipping away little by little!

My week has been made!

Updated January 7th, 2011 at 10:00 PM by kcmay

Categories
    Uncategorized
  15. Book giveaway

I'm having the cover of The Venom of Vipers redone by this guy, so I'm trying to get rid of the copies I have with the old cover. If you're a Goodreads member (or sign up to be one) & a US resident, you can enter the giveaway:
    http://www.goodreads.com/giveaway/sh...enom-of-vipers

I pay the shipping, but sorry-- I'm too cheap to ship internationally. :P

It's more of a sci-fi thriller than straight sci-fi, but if you like that kind of book (along ...

Updated January 5th, 2011 at 09:47 AM by kcmay

Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast