View RSS Feed

Damon Dane

1. Ragnarok Fantasy Part Eleven

DAMON DANE'S RAGNAROK

A horde of mind-boggling abomination was marching down through the Nothomir Pass, the jagged passage slicing through the mountains separating Barbary from Gehenna. Tramping through the hard-packed snow were legions of orcs - seven feet tall with dark grey skin and massive muscles rippling in their arms and legs. They wore black boots, black loincloths, black leather jerkins sewn with rows of iron plates like the scales of a fish, and studded black belts with ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Ragnarok Fantasy Part Ten

DAMON DANE'S RAGNAROK

A vision appeared before Gothia’s mind’s eye; a black stone bridge rising from a stormy sea, a bridge of giants a hundred feet high and a hundred miles from end to end, spanning the Straits of Darkness and joining Bosoboloria to the Doom Walk, binding that wild and ancient continent to Gehenna like a beautiful bride tethered to a beast of the vilest evil. The bridge ends were guarded by shiny black skulls a hundred feet high, with a gaping open mouth arched like ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Ragnarok Fantasy Part Nine

DAMON DANE'S RAGNAROK

Stargard flipped open a trapdoor and climbed up through the floor, before grabbing his astounded disciple’s wrist and hauling him up with effortless ease.

Gothia found himself in a circular wooden gazebo, open-sided but for a low fence running around the seven edges, elaborately carved in intertwined Norse patterns, and interspersed by seven pillars holding up the roof, each carved in the likeness of a distinctly individual Norse dragon. It reminded ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Ragnarok Fantasy Part Eight

Happy new year guys! Here's a funny old Viking joke for you...

A raven walks into an ale-house and says, 'Got any bread?'
    The Viking barkeep says, 'No, this is an ale-house. We sell ale, not bread.'
    The raven walks out, then walks back in and says, 'Got any bread?'
    The Viking gets angry and says, 'I told you mate, this is an ale-house; we don't sell bread. If you ask me again I'll nail your damn beak to the bar!'
    The raven walks out, then walks back in ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Ragnarok Fantasy Part Seven

DAMON DANE'S RAGNAROK

Here ended the Book of Endings, the final book in the epic that was the Holy Tome.

Filled with a sense of foreboding, Gothia raised his eyes and looked at Stargard, haunted by a fear that they were standing on the brink of an apocalyptic cataclysm, and that a horrifying darkness would soon sweep down over them all.

‘For good or for ill, you and I have been born into the Dark Ages,’ Stargard said, ‘the Third Age, ...

Updated December 18th, 2010 at 07:50 AM by Damon Dane (Grammar error)

Categories
    Uncategorized
  6. Ragnarok Fantasy Part Six

DAMON DANE'S RAGNAROK

Then the darkrons marched out into the world once again. Their realm of Gehenna was sealed off from Xanadu by the Dragon’s Back Mountains, but their slithering scouts discovered three hidden Shadowgates where they could pass through that mighty range. The first of these lay far to the north, through the Caves of Shadow and into the mines of Endoth Deep, beneath the frozen mountains of Ursa. The second Shadowgate was to follow the melting glacier down through ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  7. Ragnarok Fantasy Part Five

DAMON DANE'S RAGNAROK

‘I’ve seen many strange things in my time,’ Gothia said. ‘Snake priests of Ophir, Aesiryan runecasters, Amarran shamen, Erlen magic-weavers, Shambala sages in the Wu-Tang Mountains, all with powers I didn’t understand, powers which have no rational explanation… but none of what I saw compares to this… I was flying across the stars, between worlds, even back and forth through time.’

For the first time in a very long time, Gothia’s golden-brown lion ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  8. Ragnarok Fantasy Part Four

DAMON DANE'S RAGNAROK

The brass handle turned, the heavy oaken door swung inward, and Gothia stepped into the room. Stargard’s eyebrows rose. He had left a message with the knight-healer for Gothia to come and see him as soon as he was feeling well, but hadn’t expected him for several days yet, having left the burly knight comatose in the infirmary just the day before. Even with all the holy mojo Stargard had poured into him, Gothia should have lain in bed for a week, ...

Updated November 26th, 2010 at 07:32 AM by Damon Dane (Grammar error)

Categories
    Uncategorized
  9. Ragnarok Fantasy Part Three

DAMON DANE'S RAGNAROK

CHAPTER TWO
    KNIGHTS OF THE NORTH

The north wind howled between the towers of an ice-encrusted castle rising from the slopes of Holy Mountain, a brooding Gothic edifice magnificent its monolithic gloom. Ancient halls carved with warrior angels stood weathering a storm barely relieved in centuries; tall spires pierced the sky, sheltering frozen gargoyles with fanged mouths agape in silent screams of rage, and blocky battlements slippery ...

Updated November 26th, 2010 at 07:33 AM by Damon Dane

Categories
    Uncategorized
  10. Ragnarok Fantasy Part Two

DAMON DANE'S RAGNAROK

Midnight came and went. The blizzard softened, then blew out altogether, the roiling clouds thinning to moonlit wisps journeying across the starry sky, framed by the Northern Lights flashing in iridescent splashes of pink, green, and gold.

The morning star winked above the horizon, and the dragon followed it, ever onward towards the south, until he reached the very edge of the land, where a thousand feet beneath his right wing the ice sheet dropped ...

Updated November 26th, 2010 at 07:35 AM by Damon Dane

Categories
    Uncategorized
  11. Ragnarok Fantasy Part One

Hi guys,

I'm Damon Dane, the author of Ragnarok, an apocalyptic fantasy series inspired by Viking mythology and prophecies from the Book of Revelation.

I'll be posting Ragnarok on my blog week by week. I hope you have a chance to read it! All feedback is welcome! For maps and background info you can visit my site http://www.ragnarokfantasy.com.

I hope you enjoy Ragnarok, and thanks for reading!

DAMON DANE'S RAGNAROK

Updated December 4th, 2010 at 01:56 AM by Damon Dane (Grammar error)

Categories
    Uncategorized