View RSS Feed

Arjay.Murray

1. Polite Opinion? I don't think so.

I really do understand that everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I do. However, its whenever the opinion gets out of hand is when I get upset, as would anyone who has put their entire heart and soul into their work only to have it insulted by someone else. I repeat: insulted. Not critiqued, not reviewed . . . insulted.
    So, onward with my rant . . . I was just casually going through my blogs when I noticed that the blog titled, "Writer's Block? Oh what the hell . . ." ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Lufer-Ma'ar and the Otherworld - Audio Story; Published Video

So the editor of Squawk Back Magazine, Zak Block, has published my audio version of Lufer-Ma'ar and the Otherworld as an audio story with video production. I honestly never foresaw this in the future of my writing, and I am very satisfied with the final product that he has provided me and the readers with. Hard work does indeed pay off. I appreciate this and could not possibly thank Zak enough.

You can view the videos here:

Part I: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NtplkjgoLfo ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Excerpt and Page Dedicated to My Series

I have posted a page for those of you who follow my work dedicated entirely to my upcoming series, "The Hourglass of the Empire."

Now before you go reading the excerpt that I have made available and contact me or post things about the mistakes I have made, I want to make it clear that it is an excerpt from the first draft of this book; one of my favorite scenes that I simply copied and pasted to this website directly from the file on my flashdrive. I know there are mistakes, ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. The Finishing of Chapter II and the End of the Ongoing Debate

After listening to a high school band somewhere in the distance of White Oak practice their fight song for quite some time, I have finally finished Chapter II of the first book of my series. Finally. It seems as if it has taken me months, although I am sure that it has only been a few weeks. Who knows? I lose track of time all of the time.
    There is a very important scene in this chapter that marks the beginning of the true plot of this portion of the saga. And well, important scenes ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. To Publish or to Self-Publish? And a story of a dream.

I'll give you the story of the dream first, considering that's the most interesting part: I awoke this afternoon from a very strange dream that Dr. Seuss had publicly given my story a very high rating. However, the newspapers and magazines could not find the rating, so I had to travel to a mansion in which Dr. Seuss lived to gain access to his archives so that the rating could be released. The first two strange things about this dream: Firstly, Dr. Seuss has been dead for years. Secondly, if ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  6. "Lufer-Ma'ar and the Otherworld" merchandise!

I sort of view this as an innovation. I've never before seen an author sell any merchandise aside from their novel, unless, of course, you are J.K. Rowling or Stephanie Meyer, but I'm a little guy in the literary world, and no big company is distributing my merchandise to major stores.
    Now available on my website is a CafePress shop that I have titled "Otherworld Village."
    There are three designs currently available that you can buy as either a t-shirt, hoodie, baseball ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  7. Forums and Blog on my website.

There is a member's area on my website that you can long into and participate in the forums or comment on my blog there.
    The forum includes sections for discussion on my stories, Fantasy in general, and Off-Topic discussions. There is also an area for Fan Fiction, as long as the Copyright Laws are not violated, and an area where you can post your own short stories to share with my fans and with me for my own personal enjoyment. I always am delighted to read a follow writer's work.

Updated May 11th, 2011 at 08:22 PM by PeterWilliam (siphon links (i.e. to another forum))

Categories
    Uncategorized
  8. Lufer-Ma'ar and the Otherworld (About)

I published my short story, "Lufer-Ma'ar and the Otherworld" to the Short Stories section of this website. I love talking about my stories, and considering this is the place to do that, I will do so.
    This story was inspired by an odd dream I'd had about sink faucet travel (it was a Benadryl induced dream, considering I have quite severe allergies, and Benadryl is infamous for strange, vivid dreams) and a story that a co-worker had told me about his son having a dream that a doctor ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  9. Introduction, introduction . . .

Hello everyone,

I would just like to introduce myself to all of the members sffworld.com.
    My name is Arjay Murray, and am a writer of Surreal and Epic Fantasy. I have been practicing this art since the age of fourteen, and currently have two self-published* short stories available for free on my website.
    I am planning to post those short stories to the forums, so that you can all enjoy them here.
    Also, I am working on a series of Epic Fantasy novels, which I ...

Updated May 12th, 2011 at 10:16 PM by Arjay.Murray (siphon links (i.e. to another forum))

Categories
    Uncategorized