View RSS Feed

Glen

1. Heading out of town

I enjoyed writing something for the OCT flash fiction comp. And inordinately, exceedingly happy and surprised to get a vote for it too!
    Hurrah!
    I didn't vote tho. Time poor - and what a lot of reading to do. I'll probs have more time in December so will try to vote then.
    I'm heading out of town on a secondment to the back of beyond for 5 weeks shortly, so will not be able to take part in the Nov comp.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. first flash fiction attempt

There, a story about dolls. Who would have thunk it? Well, it was a challenge, and that's the main thing.

Also the first story I've written longhand for a very, very long time indeed. I was on a flight and all electronic devices needed to be switched off when I started. What a lot of scribbling out there was - as opposed to the incessant backspacing when typing.

Now to read some of the other entries.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. here again

It is an extraordinarily long time since I was at this forum. I see from my first post that I was just setting out to write a sequel. That sequel is finished - well, at least its in second draft, if not quite finished.

One of the other reasons I came here originally was to check out any writing comps. I think I saw the SS comp and figured I didn't have the time to spend on a min 2.5K word story if I was to get on with the sequel - but now I see there is a flash fiction comp. Looks ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Hbtm

Thanks to the forum for my birthday wishes. It is good to know there is some SFFW dude or dudess checking dates in the big ledger to make sure we all get a message.

Good day, thanks.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Hello Earth

Hello Earth. I was here briefly earlier as I swung by on a long elliptical orbit but now back for a while. It's good to find I have a blog to write in. Fantastic!

I've joined this site/forum for a couple of reasons
    - to help get my head back into the sci-fi/fantasy world so I can generate enough energy and momentum to charge into writing a sequel
    - give me a reason to procrastinate so I don't need to face into writing a sequel.

Life is complicated. ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized