Blog Comments

Good luck with that. It can be so sad when something you feel is written so well... turns out to be actually pointless to the story. I find it's good to keep it in 'the vault'... I have stories with my novel characters that no-one has ever read. Good as an exercise to help character development, but not necessary for the novel itself.
    Well said, and so true!

I trashed an entire novel (after several revisions). I re-wrote the whole thing. I'm on the second draft of the re-write. I pray to the heavens that I don't trash this one, too.
    Good luck with it... though I'm trying to imagine the eggs that require 45 mins to cook!
    Yeah the Greeks sure liked to carve each other up - and that's just the mortals. Guess back then they didn't have any playstations to do it on As for the Norse gods, I wish Hollywood could find someone more manly to play Thor: Hemsworth with his chest puffed out just doesn't cut it. Maybe put a blond wig on Vin Diesel...
    My problem with the first movie was that the Gods were dressed more in Medieval armor than in Greek attire. It just did not work for me. I did; however, like the way Hades was handled. My overall review would have been lower and I have no desire to see the second one. I am also a fan of Harryhausen, especially, Jason and the Argonauts.
    Great review. I haven't seen the first. Not sure I'll pick up the series, but maybe...

And I think nitpicking is okay, especially when it comes to a group of gods like the Titans versus everything else. I never thought of Medusa as a Titan and I don't know anything about the mythology. Watching that would have confused me, but since I don't know any better, I would have thought them right. And then I probably would have spread the mis-information.

Anyway, good review.
    No worries. It's a good article. I checked out your website, and I'll check out your book sometime soon.
    Thanks! I thought I had caught the errors, but I missed it. I appreciate that (and I changed it).
    Great banner. I love the clouds.
    That's a great essay. I very much enjoyed it, and since I know nothing about the Greek gods, even more educational for me. I love the way you tied Greek mythology with Lovecraft's world building (must read him some day).

By the way, I'm a bit of a nit-picker, not that I mind, but just because I'm the sort to point these things out...

...an element of horror that can be more effective that gore.
    Again, excellent read. Thanks.
    That's called the "greengrocers' apostrophe": visit any fruit market and you'll see it advertising tomato's and banana's.
    Quote Originally Posted by Queen Pandora
    You write well. Nice to read someone with such great style and grammar. A person claiming to be a writer just commented on my blog, but doesn't even understand punctuation. I thought your article might be about something else, but enjoyed it nonetheless.
    Thank you!
    It is extraordinary how many people do not understand grammar. The best is folk who put an apostrophe whenever they see the letter s !!
    Catherine Broughton
    I watched that with interest and will recommend.
    Catherine Broughton
    You write well. Nice to read someone with such great style and grammar. A person claiming to be a writer just commented on my blog, but doesn't even understand punctuation. I thought your article might be about something else, but enjoyed it nonetheless.