View RSS Feed

Task Force: Gaea

An otherworldly place to discuss anything related to Task Force: Gaea, as well as any questions directed at me (the author). I'll answer *almost* anything.

1. New Blog Header with Sequel!

2. Memory's Curse...

Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Task Force: Gaea—Memory's Curse (ETA 12/31/2012)

The second book in the Task Force: Gaea (soon-to-be) trilogy—Memory's Curse—has an anticipated completion date of December 31, 2012. After the events of Finding Balance, the four members of the United Nations Task Force, GAEA, find themselves in a world they desperately need to understand, and the Olympian god, Apollo, takes a more active role. This sequel will pick up not long after Finding Balance leaves off, and Dan, Aleta, Sarah, and Brandon find themselves facing a threat they could never have ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. NEW Trailer for Task Force: Gaea

Here is the new trailer to Task Force: Gaea:

http://youtu.be/cMODPKfKTYE
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. My First Live Interview "On Air"

Tonight, indie author Lakisha Spletzer interviewed me tonight on her show, "Indie Author How-To". We spoke for two hours about me, the novel, writing, and so much more. If you'd like to listen to the podcast, click here: Podcast
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  6. Catch Me Live at 9 pm TONITE on Indie Author How-To Radio

Lakisha Spletzer, author of such works as Jewels and Emerald Rebellion (Alien Encounters Saga) et al, will be hosting me tonight at 9 p.m. on her Radio Show: Indie Author How-To. Come listen to her interview me on many topics and participate in the chatroom!

The link to listen/chat is http://www.talkshoe.com/tc/111221

Spletzer is an indie author who writes "science fiction and fantasy, with a fondness for paranormal and urban fantasy stories, too.[She doesn't] ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  7. The "C" Word

Yeah, that word—CREATIVITY. (What were you thinking?)

When I was a kid, I used to paint—little canvases or big ones, it didn't matter. Water color or acrylic. I had a sketchbook where I would go outside, sit somewhere interesting and let my graphite skip across the vellum; I did that into college, too. My grandmother used to get my sister and me small needlework kits or rugs to hook. I even crocheted for a time and did macramé. In camp, I did lanyards (gimp), among other artistic ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  8. Project Ends June 6! Please help!

Heroes in the world—firefighters, doctors, police, teachers... you.

I'm a teacher. It's my passion in life. I don't want to do anything else. I try to be as much of a hero to my students as I can be, to inspire them to be heroes to others.

Please take four minutes to watch this video to see why this project and heroes mean so much to me:

http://youtu.be/UIt1i0lRK6A

The link to the project is here: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...e-gaea-to-life ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  9. Revving My Engine

Like cow paths meandering through pastures, ideas for the sequel have been moving along. I can only get so far with ideas while the school year is still in session. I get into my groove and then—WHAM—I have to grade papers or plan for a substitute while I've been proctoring AP and IB exams. The seniors finish tomorrow, and then I have until June 6 before the year ends. I hope to get into the outlining more once I can focus my attention on the details that really will make this sequel go forward. ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  10. Task Force: Gaea... What's Next?

First, don't expect any big secrets to be revealed... yet. But.. the follow up to Task Force: Gaea — Finding Balance will be out around the end of the year, G-d willing.

I've spent more than half my life working on the first story, and don't think for one MINUTE that it was easy. It wasn't. It wouldn't have taken me that long to finish and publish if it were a simple task. Plus, my story had to grow and mature. I don't have all the time in the world, either, to sit at my computer ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  11. Holy hand grenades...

by , February 11th, 2012 at 09:04 AM (Task Force: Gaea)
    Today was a first. I was asked to sign three copies of my book for students, one being a former student whose sister is in my AP class. What an unnerving feeling, having to come up with something pithy to say and then sign my name.

I have to say, I could feel myself getting anxious. Then, on top of that, watching students read my book during our "Read-A-Latte"... watching their expressions. [deep breath]

Five students (those who read) told me they really liked ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  12. Doing the unthinkable... getting started.

by , February 11th, 2012 at 09:03 AM (Task Force: Gaea)
    So, yeah... you want to write a novel or a story or a poem or a play, but you're not sure exactly how to start.

First, you probably should ask yourself, "Why do I want to write something?" If the answer is:

• "Because I want to make money..."
    • "Because I want to impress people..."
    • "Because I'm bored..."

Well, that's not the best motivation. You have to write for one reason and one reason only:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12