View RSS Feed

Rob Garbin's Blog

I started out by just testing the waters of what I wanted to say in this blog. I found it nice to get feedback on my thoughts and ideas. Now; however, I find it to be a place where I can vent the ideas that constantly plague me when I view what is going on in the world. At times I know I sound like a pundant, but I feel that I do try to take a more sensible look at the world, which I hope I am able to express here. In addition, I hope to find more to talk about than the politics of the world. We'll see.

1. Confidence and Delusion Part II

by , December 31st, 2011 at 02:05 PM (Rob Garbin's Blog)
    A sad facet of the debt based economy we have created is the ability to buy and sell debt to other parties. Again, this was a program created to help sell more products by having investors with money buy debt off the books of banks at a discount rate in hopes of making a profit off the remaining interest paid on the debt. The banks get more money to lend along with some of the profit and the investor gets the difference in profit from what they paid the bank and the total repayment of the debt ...
  2. Nasa, get your head out of your...

I know I am going to piss people off here, but this needs be put out there. Many people are upset that the moon program has been shelved, but I say it was the right choice. First off, I love the exploration of space as much as anyone, but this is unfortunately the cost of our greed and gullibility. In the end, Wall Street is to blame for the loss of this program, not the president.

However, this is not the point of this post. My point is that instead of crying about what ...

Updated May 1st, 2010 at 08:55 AM by Gkarlives

Categories
    Thoughts