View RSS Feed

Creativity

Ideas and thoughts I have that are more creative and not in direct response to current issues.

1. Practicing Prose

by , January 2nd, 2013 at 10:10 PM (Rob Garbin's Blog)
    This is an updated version of something I posted on my wordpress blog. I knew I was probably going to play with it more but I did not want to post it again their and it has been a while since I posted here.

My Bones are Dry

by

Robert Garbin

My bones are dry. The blasted sands and desiccated winds of time hollow them beyond memory of flesh. They groan with the sound of their own splintering, while abandonment whistles through their brittle ...
    Categories
    Creativity
  2. Submission Hint

For those that have always wondered what the standard manuscript format is when asked by or embarassed by a publisher, here is a link to what Beneath Ceaseless Skies considers standard. Of course, I was the embarassie in this case because if I had taken more time, I would have seen this link.

Stardard Manuscript Format

Updated April 4th, 2012 at 08:45 PM by Gkarlives

Categories
    Creativity
  3. Happy Post for Me

by , December 3rd, 2011 at 08:25 AM (Rob Garbin's Blog)
    I finely have some good news to report for a change. I have had my first story sold to an anthology. While it is not a paying market, it is critical exposure and a first step toward bigger things. The anthology is "Tales of the Sword" being put out by Red Skies Press who is still looking for stories to include. I will be published along side some other notable SFFworld writers who are friends.
    Categories
    Creativity
  4. Frustrated

by , December 7th, 2010 at 10:59 PM (Rob Garbin's Blog)
    I am finding myself hugely frustrated with life right now. I have become a person that can't seem to finish any projects. I have so much I want to do to fix up my house, start a small business, write stories, and paint pictures, but i find myself night after night giving in and waisting time just watching tv. Hell, I am not even playing video games.

I use to spend days tweaking a piece of artwork and being content. Now, I can barely spend ten minutes to start work on an idea that ...
    Tags: focus, ideas, progress Add / Edit Tags
    Categories
    Creativity , Thoughts
  5. The Parable of Doubt Revealed

by , October 21st, 2009 at 02:25 AM (Rob Garbin's Blog)
    Again, I have been too subtle in the creation of a story for my own good. Because it is still being judged, I am putting my explanation here and I won't lie by saying I don't want this to help in getting votes. It is what it is as, my boss would say.

First of all, the reason for the story. Doubt is one of the lesser appreciated themes that I feel comes out of the Bible and I wanted to write a story focusing on it. I remember vaguely the cautions given about following certain ...

Updated October 21st, 2009 at 02:39 AM by Gkarlives

Categories
    Thoughts , Creativity
  6. Trinity deconstructed or how to make a bomb.

by , August 24th, 2009 at 09:55 PM (Rob Garbin's Blog)
    Many people have mentioned trouble understanding what my story "Trinity" is about. Since it is still being judged in the competition for August 2009, I felt I should not put an explanation out yet. However, I am going insane wanting people to know what it is all about I wanted to put something out. This is my compromise. Enjoy.

They met decades ago when the world was crumbling and they labored together to stave off the madness that threatened to overwhelm mankind. ...
    Categories
    Thoughts , Creativity
  7. Another Large Project in need of Feedback

by , August 13th, 2009 at 11:16 PM (Rob Garbin's Blog)
    In addition to the work I am doing with rodeo, I have my only full length novel project that I tinker with at times. The idea came from something an ex-girlfriend asked me to read after I had shown her some of my stories. At first I tried to encompass exactly what she wrote into a larger story but there were some aspect of her writing that did not work after we had broken up. The core idea was still there but it was missing something to tie into the story I had envisioned. Something that was ...

Updated November 11th, 2009 at 04:56 PM by Gkarlives (Caught a typo)

Categories
    Creativity