View RSS Feed

Rob Garbin's Blog

I started out by just testing the waters of what I wanted to say in this blog. I found it nice to get feedback on my thoughts and ideas. Now; however, I find it to be a place where I can vent the ideas that constantly plague me when I view what is going on in the world. At times I know I sound like a pundant, but I feel that I do try to take a more sensible look at the world, which I hope I am able to express here. In addition, I hope to find more to talk about than the politics of the world. We'll see.

1. What Have You Wrought?

by , April 12th, 2012 at 01:58 PM (Rob Garbin's Blog)
    I recently began reading the first book in the Pelbar Cycle by Paul O. Williams that describes a world devastated by war and just beginning to recover. The story focuses on a society that is matriarchal, meaning it is run by women, which to my western eyes seems farfetched given history, European roots, and current reality. I know that there are vast differences across the multitude of cultures present on the earth but women have been on the receiving end of more injustice than men. However, ...
    Tags: bigotry, creation, god, man Add / Edit Tags
    Categories
    Thoughts