View RSS Feed

Rob Garbin's Blog

I started out by just testing the waters of what I wanted to say in this blog. I found it nice to get feedback on my thoughts and ideas. Now; however, I find it to be a place where I can vent the ideas that constantly plague me when I view what is going on in the world. At times I know I sound like a pundant, but I feel that I do try to take a more sensible look at the world, which I hope I am able to express here. In addition, I hope to find more to talk about than the politics of the world. We'll see.

1. Health Care Mandate

by , December 2nd, 2011 at 06:59 AM (Rob Garbin's Blog)
    Get ready for a shocker, I actually agree with a Republican! I beleive congress made a mistake in its execution of health care reform by making it a federal mandate. However, I do beleive in the reasoning behind the idea, just not the execution.

Mitt Romney has instituted a mandated program in his state and it seems to be working well. He has also stated that, if he became president, he would not force the program on the country, but let each state choose to enlist or not. I ...
  2. Suggestions for Democratic Commercials

by , March 10th, 2011 at 11:01 PM (Rob Garbin's Blog)
    I have thought of three very good commercials the Democratic Party could run in Wisconsin and across the country.

Commercial one:
    Show several soundbites of key Republicans such as Scott Walker, Newt Gingrich, and the Senator that apologized to BP.

Ex. While you see Scott Walker praising his legislature for passing his Union busting bill with a word overlay stating "The Governor and Legistrature took no paycuts and can still vote themselves raises." ...

Updated March 31st, 2011 at 10:02 PM by Gkarlives

Categories
    Thoughts