View RSS Feed

Rob Garbin's Blog

I started out by just testing the waters of what I wanted to say in this blog. I found it nice to get feedback on my thoughts and ideas. Now; however, I find it to be a place where I can vent the ideas that constantly plague me when I view what is going on in the world. At times I know I sound like a pundant, but I feel that I do try to take a more sensible look at the world, which I hope I am able to express here. In addition, I hope to find more to talk about than the politics of the world. We'll see.

1. Another Thought

by , February 15th, 2012 at 11:07 PM (Rob Garbin's Blog)
    Many prominent religions vigorously campaign against any use of birth control for two reasons. One, they say that birth control promotes sexual promiscuity. Two, God told Adam and Eve to be fruitful and multiply. I have some questions for them.

1. If not using birth control cuts down on promiscuity, then why are there such large families within certain religions? If you have eighteen kids, it is not because you are practicing abstinence.

2. If God's words to Adam ...
  2. This is our country!

by , November 23rd, 2011 at 09:35 PM (Rob Garbin's Blog)
    I happened to catch a news bit on the Penn State scandal where it was said that one of the children who came forward was being bullied in school for getting Joe Paterno fired. The bullying was so bad that he had to be taken out of school. This is a horrible state of affairs, which is reflected so well in the overall culture of our country.

Taking out your anger on the victim who blew the whistle, at great risk to himself, because you are mad at them for destroying your illusions ...

Updated November 27th, 2011 at 06:44 PM by Gkarlives (Darn typos!)

Categories
    Thoughts
  3. More questions the 99% should demand answers for

by , November 23rd, 2011 at 06:28 AM (Rob Garbin's Blog)
    If the Republican led congress is so focused on debt reduction, why are they not proposing equal cuts in their own entitlements such as their own medical coverage? If they want people to take them seriously, they should be willing to give up all of their benefits and live like the people they don't beleive deserve benefits.

Why should tax payers foot the bill when they are getting paid so well and getting help from their rich backers? Why not demand that their medical benefits be ...

Updated November 23rd, 2011 at 06:31 AM by Gkarlives

Categories
    Thoughts
  4. Doubt Revisited

by , November 15th, 2011 at 09:50 PM (Rob Garbin's Blog)
    Many posts ago, I wrote about a story I had in a flash fiction contest here called "The Parable of Doubt". I expressed my reasons for writing the story as being the need for everyone to question the nature of the truths we hold in order to protect against abuse from evil people. Since that time, I have removed the story in hopes of creating a better, more subtle version. Because of the continuing collapse of the veil of illusion that our society has blinded itself with, I have decided ...

Updated November 15th, 2011 at 09:56 PM by Gkarlives

Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. They just don't respect life like we do.

by , November 2nd, 2011 at 03:09 AM (Rob Garbin's Blog)
    I have heard this many times throughout my life but, as I get older and hopefully wiser, I find myself questioning this statement. I guess this goes back to the reason I wrote “The Parable of Doubt”. I not only feel the need to doubt the actions of religious leaders but also of human leadership in general. More importantly, I feel the need to question the truth of people who use such statements to differentiate America from other parts of the world.

First off, I am aware of many ...
    Categories
    Thoughts
  6. Thoughts I did not think much about at the time: Part II

by , September 11th, 2011 at 08:01 PM (Rob Garbin's Blog)
    The second "aha" moment happened for me during our second and final invasion of Iraq. Leading up to the war and eventual ground invasion, we were told about the danger Saddam's regime posed to the saftey of America. We were told that Iraq had large hidden stockpiles of chemical weapons and was actively seeking out nuclear weapons, statements that might have been true at one time.

However, by the second or third day of the invasion, it became clear to me that the compelling ...

Updated September 11th, 2011 at 08:12 PM by Gkarlives

Tags: hypocrisy, spin, war, wmd's Add / Edit Tags
    Categories
    Uncategorized