View RSS Feed

Rob Garbin's Blog

I started out by just testing the waters of what I wanted to say in this blog. I found it nice to get feedback on my thoughts and ideas. Now; however, I find it to be a place where I can vent the ideas that constantly plague me when I view what is going on in the world. At times I know I sound like a pundant, but I feel that I do try to take a more sensible look at the world, which I hope I am able to express here. In addition, I hope to find more to talk about than the politics of the world. We'll see.

1. This is our country!

by , November 23rd, 2011 at 09:35 PM (Rob Garbin's Blog)
    I happened to catch a news bit on the Penn State scandal where it was said that one of the children who came forward was being bullied in school for getting Joe Paterno fired. The bullying was so bad that he had to be taken out of school. This is a horrible state of affairs, which is reflected so well in the overall culture of our country.

Taking out your anger on the victim who blew the whistle, at great risk to himself, because you are mad at them for destroying your illusions ...

Updated November 27th, 2011 at 06:44 PM by Gkarlives (Darn typos!)

Categories
    Thoughts
  2. Doubt Revisited

by , November 15th, 2011 at 09:50 PM (Rob Garbin's Blog)
    Many posts ago, I wrote about a story I had in a flash fiction contest here called "The Parable of Doubt". I expressed my reasons for writing the story as being the need for everyone to question the nature of the truths we hold in order to protect against abuse from evil people. Since that time, I have removed the story in hopes of creating a better, more subtle version. Because of the continuing collapse of the veil of illusion that our society has blinded itself with, I have decided ...

Updated November 15th, 2011 at 09:56 PM by Gkarlives

Categories
    Uncategorized