View RSS Feed

Rob Garbin's Blog

I started out by just testing the waters of what I wanted to say in this blog. I found it nice to get feedback on my thoughts and ideas. Now; however, I find it to be a place where I can vent the ideas that constantly plague me when I view what is going on in the world. At times I know I sound like a pundant, but I feel that I do try to take a more sensible look at the world, which I hope I am able to express here. In addition, I hope to find more to talk about than the politics of the world. We'll see.

1. Confidence and Delusion Part IV

by , April 12th, 2012 at 01:50 PM (Rob Garbin's Blog)
    Risk continued

I hinted at the main issue with risk in our economy, but did not specifically say it or explain the true consequences. The truth is that every economic venture has a risk that someone must bear. The true consequence of this statement results when risk is not shared fairly. Basically, if the creators of a venture do not share in the risk, then someone else does. The bailout of Wall Street is a perfect example of the situation. Most of the major players in the risky ...
    Categories
    Thoughts
  2. Confidence and Delusion III

by , January 12th, 2012 at 10:22 PM (Rob Garbin's Blog)
    Freedom and Obligation:

In this section I plan to look into the issue of risk in our economic system. Risk in our economy has similar traits to that of debt. Persons in positions of influence and knowledge are able to push the dangers of the risks they create onto others who may or may not understand the dangers involved. To begin with, let us look at some basics. Every business venture carries a level of risk with it. A person opening a convenience store takes the risk that ...