View RSS Feed

Sffnews

I've decided to post the stuff from my site over here aswell. You might find what I post of interest you might not.

1. Interesting Tidbit for Reviewers

While browsing some sites today I came across The Book Smugglers site. This little disclaimer caught my eye.
    [QUOTE]In accordance with the new FTC Guidelines for blogging and endorsements, The Book Smugglers would like everyone to know that while we do purchase our own books for review on occasion, you should assume that every book reviewed here at The Book Smugglers was provided to the reviewers by the publisher or the author for free unless specified otherwise.[/QUOTE]

This ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Bitching about the bitching of the bitching

Not sure what I'm bitching about? I'm bitching about the bitching about the bitching over George R R Martin and the long wait for his next book. You know that guy that became famous for killing off characters you thought were main characters and therefore immune to death. He writes good books too.

Before I start here's my disclaimer: Although I love the books(first three) and think he's a great writer, my dislike for the guy is so great that I decided before A Feast for Crows came ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. The Week That Was

Patrick Rothfuss long awaited The Wise Man’s Fear has been slated for a March 1st 2011 release by his publisher. This is subject to him having the book done by September and although he thinks that that date is highly achievable, I for one have doubts based on his previous track record. Personally I think he should have waited until he actually had the book done before announcing it otherwise he's just making himself look more like GRRM and asking for the same sort of criticism. More so than already. ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. "Towers of Midnight" Full Cover and Synopsis

From Tor's Fall catalogue

[QUOTE]The end draws near....

The sun has begun to set upon the Third Age.

Perrin Aybara is now hunted by specters from his past: Whitecloaks, a slayer of wolves, and the responsibilities of leadership. All the while, an unseen foe is slowly pulling a noose tight around his neck. To prevail, he must seek answers in Tel’aran’rhiod and find a way—at long last—to master the wolf within him or lose himself to it forever. ...

Updated May 1st, 2010 at 07:27 PM by ChrisW

Categories
    Uncategorized