View RSS Feed

Uncategorized

Entries with no category

1. Outline of the Development of My Internet Work

GOOGLE-MICROSOFT

Part 1:

In 1998 two Stanford graduate students, Larry Page and Sergey Brin, founded Google.com, a search engine that used a better technology than had previously existed for indexing and retrieving information from the immense miscellany of the World Wide Web and for ranking the Web sites that contained this information according to their relevance to particular queries based on the number of links from the rest of the Internet to a given item. This ...
  2. Vocation and avocation

VOCATION AND AVOCATION

Part 1:

One of the many definitions of happiness is having an aim in life. Having an aim in life can be expressed in many ways, one of which is to have both a vocation and an avocation. An avocation is sometimes defined as a diversion or a hobby. A vocation is sometimes referred to as a calling. Both words can be applied to one’s work or profession. Until I was 23 I did not have a profession, nor did I have a sense of a calling. By my late teens ...

Updated September 27th, 2012 at 08:36 PM by RonPrice (to alter some words)

Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Essay on Autobiography

LATEST THOUGHTS ON AUTOBIOGRAPHY

I have written several essays exploring the nature of autobiography. These essays introduce the existing five volumes of my Journal or Diary. Other essays explore the nature of journals, diaries and letters as genres that play different roles in my autobiography.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There are endless ways of telling one’s story. For this reason poets and ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Description #1 of My Blog at sffworld.com

Part 1:

My literary activity on the world-wide-web is a personal and quite industrious enterprize. When I can find the time, I am engaged in creating across this global internet a tapestry or a jig-saw puzzle of poetry and prose.

At this site, readers will find one of my many internet blogs. Site administrators and moderators have different ways in which they allow writers like myself to place their series of posts. Often, at least at some sites, a writer and author, ...

Updated September 29th, 2013 at 08:21 AM by RonPrice (to update the item on my blog)

Categories
    Uncategorized