Blog Comments

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainZ
    looks interesting.
    Thanks CaptainZ.
    looks interesting.
    Thanks. I prefer to have Ion do the podcast - he does it rather well. He did my last one "The Succession."

Cheers
    Congrats. Are you going to do your own voice over for their podcast thingy?
    Congratulations!

I think I'll record it and just see how my voice sounds. Anti-SF are certainly encouraging authors to do their own recording.

There is something about reading your own story that appeals.

Cheers
    Congrats David. I just got my first FF for Antipodean SF due out in August... are you going to read for your podcast yourself?
    Congrats!
    Thanks.

I guess its always a bit exciting when you publish a book.

Cheers
    Updated July 25th, 2010 at 01:14 AM by David Scholes
    Sweet! I'm so happy for you.

Even though I don't know you at all it's nevertheless exciting to hear about other writers successes.

Hopefully you're as happy for you as I am. LOL
    I will do. Thank you.

Cheers
    This sounds intriguing. Let me know when and where it's available. Thanks.
    That's pretty cool.
    Thanks Jon

Cheers
    Gratz! Good luck, David.
    Many thanks.

It will be the second time I've had a flash fiction story on Antipodean SF. Back in May of this year I had "The Visit" published.

It's not a bad site, they gave me some publicity for my first book.

When they move on to the next months edition, the older stories go into the Australian National Library archives.

Cheers
    Congrats on the flash fiction story, and good luck with the book. CreateSpace hasn't let me down yet, it certainly won't let you down either. Best of luck to you!
    Thank you very much.

I believe I will run with that.

Cheers
    Updated September 15th, 2009 at 03:31 PM by David Scholes
    To be honest, I would strongly recommend it. There's very little up-front costs (the only things I've been paying for are my initial proofs, and then they're very inexpensive). You automatically have a distribution channel, Amazon.com. And you have more control over your work.

Run with this idea.
    Quote Originally Posted by Desert Coyote
    To tell the truth, stuff like this was why I was so gun-shy about self-publishing before doing my homework and looking at the POD publishers. I had too many horror stories about publishers who wanted too much money up front, or would string writers along with every "service" under the sun to wring more money out of them.

I have to say I'm happy thus far with my experience with CreateSpace. I'd be happier if I'd made more sales in my first week, but hey, what can I do (except promote like the dickens)?

In no way, however, am I wishing to begrudge your accomplishment. From one newly-published author to another, congrats and good luck.
    I must say there have been no "up front" charges by them before publishing. They have paid for all that, but in the marketing stage they have been looking to charge for a whole range of things and generally I have said no.

Still, all things considered, and I have a second manuscript I will not go with them again.

Cheers
    Quote Originally Posted by David Scholes
    Yes it is. Thank you for letting me now, I was not aware of these matters.

Cheers
    To tell the truth, stuff like this was why I was so gun-shy about self-publishing before doing my homework and looking at the POD publishers. I had too many horror stories about publishers who wanted too much money up front, or would string writers along with every "service" under the sun to wring more money out of them.

I have to say I'm happy thus far with my experience with CreateSpace. I'd be happier if I'd made more sales in my first week, but hey, what can I do (except promote like the dickens)?

In no way, however, am I wishing to begrudge your accomplishment. From one newly-published author to another, congrats and good luck.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast