View RSS Feed

Freewriter

Book Bible Blog - This blog.

Rate this Entry
This blog is to track the concepts for use in my novel. These descriptions won't be used directly in the text it's a reference tool to ensure consistency.

You may notice when reading the blogs they're not drenched in detail. I have no desire to bore readers to death with the intricate details of made up technology. I believe a novel has to have a rip roaring story about characters you connect with. There has to be a certain amount of technology within my novel as the story demands a sci-fi setting. However, I want my novel to fast paced and action packed so bogging down readers with detail doesn't appeal to me.

Submit "Book Bible Blog - This blog." to Digg Submit "Book Bible Blog - This blog." to del.icio.us Submit "Book Bible Blog - This blog." to StumbleUpon Submit "Book Bible Blog - This blog." to Google Submit "Book Bible Blog - This blog." to Facebook

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Honestly, with all respect, while you do not want to bog us down with detail, you may be bogging us down with blog posts. How exactly do you want these posts, and your audience here, to "ensure consistency"? I'm trying to help -- there may be a better way to get where you are going.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Craire
    Honestly, with all respect, while you do not want to bog us down with detail, you may be bogging us down with blog posts. How exactly do you want these posts, and your audience here, to "ensure consistency"? I'm trying to help -- there may be a better way to get where you are going.
    f
    Sorry was just getting what I had done out there. Would be a lot easier if I could post my wordpress blog but I thought that wasn't allowed.

Anyway. These are basically the techs I'm going to use in my novel.

Anyone that doesn't like a concept or think it needs expanding upon or just thinks that's not how it works let me know.

...and in the unlikely event anyone needs an idea feel free to rob it Because I have to admit when I started writing I suddenly realised how big a task world building was going to be.

Blogs from this point will be few and far between.
    Updated June 21st, 2011 at 08:23 AM by Freewriter (addtition)