View RSS Feed

Tim Craire

Free copy of epic fantasy ebook (for kindle)

Rate this Entry
Happy Friday . . . if you want to wish-list this novel, let me know and I'll get it for you. My email address is under "about me" at my profile.

The Pennants of Larkhall

Prince Harlan ascends the throne of Larkhall on the battlefield when his father is killed beside him; he instantly inherits the invasion of corpse-like Northerners which rages around him – and also a surging blight centered on an ancient crater which has been turning farms to ash and will soon starve his people even if they repel the invaders.

The legends of Larkhall contend that a king might end the blight by descending into the crater and a cavern system within. With the help of his capable sister Calandra, his mother Rowena, and his great uncle Orovein – but opposed by his ambitious and desperate cousin Amira – Harlan must choose between abandoning his people to a poisonous siege or watching their homeland literally turn to dust.

Excerpt:

They looked at the tunnel wall in the torchlight. Five lines of words were written in some sort of black paint. The letters were unsteady and suggested someone without much schooling:

HERE SIX DAYS LEFT BACK BY PARTY
OSVALD TANNER LEAVES HIS POST AS REAR GUARD
TO LOOK FOR QUEEN ORLANTHA WHO LED THE
EXP.N INTO THE VAULTS HE RETURNS WITH THE
QUEEN OR NOT AT ALL GOD SAVE LARKHALL

“He didn’t want to tackle the word ‘expedition,’ ” Harlan said.

“He wanted to leave behind an explanation for deserting his post,” Orovein observed. “He must have had orders to stay there for – for more than six days, apparently.”

“I wonder if he found her.”

“I don’t know of any record of anyone with that name, Osvald Tanner, coming back out during the time of her descent,” Orovein said. “Of course she never came back either – maybe he found her.”

More excerpts at my wordpress blog, which is also listed at my profile.

No strings attached, but of course if you see anything you like in the book I'd appreciate it if you could say so in an Amazon review.

Submit "Free copy of epic fantasy ebook (for kindle)" to Digg Submit "Free copy of epic fantasy ebook (for kindle)" to del.icio.us Submit "Free copy of epic fantasy ebook (for kindle)" to StumbleUpon Submit "Free copy of epic fantasy ebook (for kindle)" to Google Submit "Free copy of epic fantasy ebook (for kindle)" to Facebook

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments