View RSS Feed

Desert Coyote Productions publishing blog

9/22: Advance Guard External Quote Feed

Rate this Entry
Since I wasn't feeling in the greatest of moods yesterday, I decided to perk myself up by bringing forth an unusual AG feed on Twitter. I put out a feed of some external quotes which are used to effect in The Advance Guard (on sale now at Amazon.com). The book is divided into five sections, and a quote is located at the start of each section, just to set the mood for the reader and give a sense of foreshadowing to the section's contents.

And away we go!

#1: The Guardsman:

"We did not choose to be the guardians of the gate, but there is no one else." -- Lyndon B. Johnson

#2: Cyrus:

"Not our logical faculty, but our imaginative one is king over us. I might say, priest and prophet to lead us to heaven-ward, or magician and wizard to lead us hellward." -- Thomas Carlyle

#3: Kitty:

"Man wishes woman to be peaceable, but in fact she is essentially warlike, like the cat." -- Friedrich Nietzche

#4: Ariel:

"... perhaps all the dragons of our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us once beautiful and brave. Perhaps everything terrible is in its deepest being something helpless that wants help from us." -- Rainer Maria Rilke

#5: Phantom Squadron (all four together):

"The Lord gets His best soldiers out of the highlands of affliction." -- Charles H. Spurgeon

Bonus Quote: There are three quotes at the start of the book, with a certain theme. This is the middle quote:

"Fight ever on: this earthly stuff if used God's way will be enough. Face to the firing line o friend fight out life's battle to the end. One soldier, when the fight was red, threw down his broken sword and fled. Another snatched it, won the day with what his comrade flung away." -- Edwin Markham

To find out what exactly these quotes might symbolize, pick up a copy of The Advance Guard, on sale now at Amazon.com.

Submit "9/22: Advance Guard External Quote Feed" to Digg Submit "9/22: Advance Guard External Quote Feed" to del.icio.us Submit "9/22: Advance Guard External Quote Feed" to StumbleUpon Submit "9/22: Advance Guard External Quote Feed" to Google Submit "9/22: Advance Guard External Quote Feed" to Facebook

Comments