View RSS Feed

ljr

I'm looking for a new book, can you help me?

Rate this Entry
It seems I like a specific type of fantasy novel and was wondering if anyone knew of any books i might enjoy.

I'm looking for books that contain magic,battles, swords, likeable characters and maybe a hint of romance (preferably set in fantasy land). I find that many of the books I have read contain unfavourable main characters and don't flow/read well in my opinion( I like minimium pov or third person styles).

The Blue Sword by Robin McKinley has always been one of my favourites and I would be most thankful if anyone could tell me about any books alog the same lines.

Submit "I'm looking for a new book, can you help me?" to Digg Submit "I'm looking for a new book, can you help me?" to del.icio.us Submit "I'm looking for a new book, can you help me?" to StumbleUpon Submit "I'm looking for a new book, can you help me?" to Google Submit "I'm looking for a new book, can you help me?" to Facebook

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Try mine. Read my blogs and see if you might be interested in it. Granted, it doesn't take place in "fantasy land," it's grounded in the real world, but it's got everything else you're looking for.
    Well, Robin Hobb's Liveship triology may work for you. Don't remember any swords, but there's some battles, some romance, and it's set in a medieval fantasy world. If you're willing to read well-written 1st person, her Farseer triology is excellent too.