View RSS Feed

Twinner

Series that have lost you

Rate this Entry
While it is not for everyone and does not work with all series, here is my method of sticking with a good series in spite of a bad book or two in the middle. I listen to them in audio format! A mediocre book will not hold my interest when it is taking up my precious dedicated reading time but I can perfectly happily listen to it since I am also using that same time to sit in traffic, mow my lawn, drive long distances, etc.... This has kept me in some series (like WOT) that I probably would have put down otherwise.
There are very well read WOT audio books but I have never seen a Malazan book in audio format so it is far from a universal solution.
Your milage may vary.
Roy

Quote Originally Posted by shane_lxi View Post
****... a slow down from books 8+ too?! Forget about it, lol. I don't know if I can hang on that long. Plus their slitting the final book into 3 volumes last I heard... I don't know if I can do it in all honesty, lol. I'm around page 450 on book six, and it still hasn't taken off... I was hoping it would get interesting again around 7

Submit "Series that have lost you" to Digg Submit "Series that have lost you" to del.icio.us Submit "Series that have lost you" to StumbleUpon Submit "Series that have lost you" to Google Submit "Series that have lost you" to Facebook

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments