View RSS Feed

Darkness

A stowy

Rate this Entry
I'm bored.

This is the scene where Maerad goes into the Buck libary in The Riddle and finds Cadvan and Nerelli researching together. Cadvans POV. (It's bad... don't shoot me)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm looking for the treesong, but there seems to be nothing here. I've searched the whole of the Busk library, consulted the most experienced librarians, and yet, still nothing.

I look up and look across the table at Nerelli. She's steadily looking through a massive volume of the history of Annar and the Dhylian race. She pauses, looks up at me and smiles.

I look back down at the parchment that I'm reading. I no longer feel for Nerelli, like she does for me. Don't get me wrong she is my dear friend, but not a lover.

I hear footsteps walking towards us and stop, a pause, and then they move away. I look up surprised and see Maerad's back, retreating, straight as a board and her shoulders slumping.

I feel sad and don't know why, but I know at that moment. Maerad is not just a student to me, but someone I love.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Submit "A stowy" to Digg Submit "A stowy" to del.icio.us Submit "A stowy" to StumbleUpon Submit "A stowy" to Google Submit "A stowy" to Facebook

Tags: cadvan, fic, maerad Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments