View RSS Feed

Rob Garbin's Blog

The Review to "Against All Things Ending" I Forgot to Post

Rate this Entry
This is the third book inthe Last Chronicles of Thomas Covenant. The story picks up right where the second book "Fatal Revenant" left off, only seconds in this case. For me the story is much better than the second book, which at the end seemed very derivative of the events in "The Wounded Land". Basically, the events felt too contrived for me. With "Against All Things Ending" more revelations of the Lands past are revealed through Thomas Covenant's current condition. Also, events are moving rapidly toward their conclusion with the ending of the world approaching quickly. The pressures faced by the defenders will shape and define them and the world in the end. I highly recommend this book to any fan of the Covenant series and I eagerly await the conclusion of the series.

Submit "The Review to "Against All Things Ending"  I Forgot to Post" to Digg Submit "The Review to "Against All Things Ending"  I Forgot to Post" to del.icio.us Submit "The Review to "Against All Things Ending"  I Forgot to Post" to StumbleUpon Submit "The Review to "Against All Things Ending"  I Forgot to Post" to Google Submit "The Review to "Against All Things Ending"  I Forgot to Post" to Facebook

Updated March 17th, 2012 at 08:23 PM by Gkarlives

Categories
Thoughts

Comments

I've always meant to pick up Donaldson's series. I read the first a long time ago, but it didn't push me to continue the series, though I do remember liking it.

I'll pick this up again sometime. Thanks for reminding me!
    Read the second series, which is better than the first. I recently reread the first series and the books did not match my memories. I will admit that I have not reread the second series in some time but I remember the struggle as much less Tolkeinish and more of a vein of its own. The third series has ups and downs but got much stronger by the end of "Against All Things Ending".