View RSS Feed

Hobbit

Iron Sky

Rate this Entry
Nazis return from the Moon....

This really shouldn't work... REALLY... but watching the first few minutes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=uX2cS8wvQHI

and chucking logic totally out of the window... it might.

And Mark Kermode, legendary BBC reviewer has seen it and liked it...

so I am quite hopeful. Weirdly, I want it to work, though I'm not sure the Sarah Palin jokes will travel...

Mark

Submit "Iron Sky" to Digg Submit "Iron Sky" to del.icio.us Submit "Iron Sky" to StumbleUpon Submit "Iron Sky" to Google Submit "Iron Sky" to Facebook

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

If nothing else, a cool trailer!
    Updated March 19th, 2012 at 09:45 PM by N. E. White
    Looks cool, gotta see it. Not a bad premise when you realise that Germans invented rockets; NASA recruited all their scientists after the war.
    I could have loved this if they had used more reality; come on regular guns firing in vacuum and motorcycles driving on the moon. The premise is interesting, but a mix of old German society with advancements learned by time living on the moon extrapolated from the tech of the era until now would have been better. Even an altered reality would have been better.
    Take your point, Rob, but I don't think the movie is meant to be serious at all in that respect.

It reminds me a lot of the cheap and cheerfully produced movies of the 1980's, except it's not so cheap (though self-funded.)

Mark
    I do see where you are leaning and would agree except the trailer makes me think they are trying to strattle both serious and tongue in cheek. I find myself frustrated by such movies. When they play it serious like the beginning, I want to go that way. Then they play it cool and bad ass in a way so I think we could be doing a matrix kind of thing and I am ok with that. Then I see a Germany sidecar motorcycle driving on the moon and go wha? Any humor I get out of it is mixed up with the other stuff. Now if they handled it more like Top Secret or Spaceball, I would have no problem getting it. It may be meant to be dry and subtle humor, which in this case just doesn't work for me, but that is me. Done ranting now.