View RSS Feed

Rob Garbin's Blog

Food for Thought, Old Chaps

Rate this Entry
This one goes out to the American Tea Party who proudly wave their "Don't Tread on Me" flags. Do you realize that you have chosen for your mascot one of the most despised creatures on earth. First, the creature is cold blooded. Wait a minute, that might fit your one solution only, cold blooded approach to government. Second, many snakes are dangerous to humans. Third, the snake is associated with the fall of man. Fourth, when man was cast out of Eden, the snake was cast out as well and cursed by God. Fifth, a large number of people are terrified by snakes. Sixth, snakes are used to describe evil or deceitful people, Cold Blooded Killer, Speaks with a Forked Tongue, Oily as a Snake. Makes me wonder if you have thought about your policies any better than you did your Mascot. Anyway, good luck with that.

Submit "Food for Thought, Old Chaps" to Digg Submit "Food for Thought, Old Chaps" to del.icio.us Submit "Food for Thought, Old Chaps" to StumbleUpon Submit "Food for Thought, Old Chaps" to Google Submit "Food for Thought, Old Chaps" to Facebook

Comments

They have a snake as a mascot? I didn't know.

That is interesting.
    The flag is a picture of a segmented snake and the tag line is don't tread on me, in other words, the snake.
    Should put a porcupine there instead.