View RSS Feed

Dragon Musings

Newbie in the house

Rate this Entry
This is my first blog here even though I joined back in May. No one will read it probably, but I am going to write it like I have an audience.

I have written only one other blog, and it is on Open Salon. I joined there to read a humorous blog, and before you know I was posting my own stuff. OS really encourages writers, and there are some really great ones. Even David Brin posts on there occasionally. Before long I got the bright idea to start writing the Great American Space Opera Scifi/fantasy novel that had taken up residence in my brain,and posting it. I have been "writing" it since I was sixteen. Never could get it on paper though.

I wrote an entry, very rough, and posted it, and much to my amazement, I didn't get laughed at or ousted. Actually got some constructive criticism and encouragement. But as great as OS is, there just isn't an audience for what I am attempting to write. And I am well aware I have minimal talent, maybe no talent at all. Writing this book or serial or whatever you want to call it though is very enjoyable for me and I intend to keep it up.

I am here on SFFWorld to see if anyone else would like what I am writing, maybe give constructive suggestions. It is not meant to be the next great novel, just an outlet for my crazy imagination. What I am writing now is actually a prequel of sorts to the story I really want to tell. I just need to do the world building. Think of it as cotton candy for your mind. You know it is bad for you, but you eat it any way.

So, I will post what I have already written in the next week or so. Please let me know what you think, even if it is nagative. Just keep in mind that this is something I am doing for fun, and if my grammar and form are not up to code, I can live with that. I will correct any glaring mistakes you point out, but dangling participles ain't that big a deal.

Submit "Newbie in the house" to Digg Submit "Newbie in the house" to del.icio.us Submit "Newbie in the house" to StumbleUpon Submit "Newbie in the house" to Google Submit "Newbie in the house" to Facebook

Updated July 8th, 2010 at 04:06 PM by dragonangel517

Categories
Odds and Ends

Comments

Hi dragonangel. I posted in your thread, but then I saw your blog so I thought I would post a comment as well.

I have been on here for a few weeks, and this is the first time I have seen the bog section. LOL

I can't speak for anyone else, but I would be interested in reading your story and sharing my thoughts with you. I am in the same position that you are. So perhaps we can help each other.
    Thanks. I am about to post the fist intallment in a few minutes. Love to hear your thoughts.
    Paraphrase here: "Everyone is original" - Brenda Ueland, If You Want to Write.

--Brian
    I'm rather new as well!
    Welcome to SFFWorld.