View RSS Feed

Wayne Clarke

Glad to find SFF World!

Rate this Entry
I know that as a self-published author of fantasy and science fiction novels, I should be active in Social Media, but I find it hard to justify the time it takes to build a large social network on sites like myspace. It would be cool if their search feature allowed you to search the members by their listed interests, but it doesn't, and there's no really practical way to filter the people you're trying to reach.

So I was very glad to find SFF World, with it's large community of fantasy and science fiction readers and authors. I was delighted to find interviews with authors I respect whose work I've enjoyed, and there's a lot of interesting content here.

So far I've published three novels; the first two science fiction books in The Rational Future Series, and the first fantasy in The Nexus of Kellaran Series.

I'm offering my first sci-fi book for free on my website (in 4 ebook formats) and on various other sites to build some interest, and it's working nicely. After about three months of serious self-publishing, I'm very close to making a full-time living from it.

I've posted an excerpt from my fantasy novel Blessings of a Curse to the Stories section here on SFF World, and I look forward to the readers' responses. I'll post excerpts from my two sci-fi novels here in the weeks ahead.

Between free reads and sales, my books have about 60,000 fans so far. They do extremely well on sites that have user-friendly numerical rating systems, where almost everyone gives them a 9 or a 10 out of 10, for an average score of about 9.35.

I've received hundreds of glowing and emotional fan letters, which is why I decided to take my writing and publishing seriously, and to try to make a living from it. The most surprising thing any fan ever wrote was when one guy threatened to hunt me down, duct tape me to my computer chair, and make me write constantly until the next sequels were finished.

http://wayneedwardclarke.viviti.com/

Submit "Glad to find SFF World!" to Digg Submit "Glad to find SFF World!" to del.icio.us Submit "Glad to find SFF World!" to StumbleUpon Submit "Glad to find SFF World!" to Google Submit "Glad to find SFF World!" to Facebook

Updated October 5th, 2010 at 12:24 AM by Wayne Clarke

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments