View RSS Feed

Holbrook

Why is there so much month left at the end of the money.

Rate this Entry
Annoyed: March 2009 it cost 30 to fill up my Fiat 500 with fuel. Today it cost me 46!!! Over the last 2 years I have had no pay rises, and won't be getting one this year.

I am also facing the prospect that I might not have a job in 6 months!

I now have to work till 64, not 60 to get my state pension.

The last labour government did for my private pension.

No point it trying to save, as the rates are not worth it.

If in later life I have to go into a nursing home I will have to sell my house to pay for it.

So much for the golden prospect of early retirement and having the good life I was promised by most governments over the past 40years.

Submit "Why is there so much month left at the end of the money." to Digg Submit "Why is there so much month left at the end of the money." to del.icio.us Submit "Why is there so much month left at the end of the money." to StumbleUpon Submit "Why is there so much month left at the end of the money." to Google Submit "Why is there so much month left at the end of the money." to Facebook

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Early retirement? You still have it. Here in the U.S. The retirement age has been out past 65 for decades.
    I spose that's why I retired at 63, eh?

OTOH, I find it hard to empathize with the Lady in the Shire as she has been accustomed to the presence of two maidservants - daughters - who ran off to live their own lives and she keeps her better half so busy re-building their home <she's had him busy at this task for at least a decade> that he has no time to take a second job. All to keep her writing habit satisfied. <Well, I don't exactly see how the re-modeling supports her writing habit but I'm certain it must somehow aid and abet her output.>
    Now, if she would only complete her edit of Oracle and all the other edits her agent is demanding, she'd find some time to work on her next novel. But, no, she just wants to rant.

It's always wisest to let a woman rant when she wants to.