Da Roolz (New Members - read this first!!!)/ Spoiler tags
Hi all - I'm spending a bit too much time deleting irrelevant posts. And you don't want that, do you? You want me to be at my computer, writing the next thrilling instalment of the Pellinor series...
So, please attend to some basic forum etiquette. (And read the SFF world forum guidelines, posted above).
First, and most importantly: sffworld is not a chat site. So try to stay basically on-topic and post in the relevant threads. Otherwise I spend hours tidying up threads. I've put a special chattery thread for those who wish to stray endlessly off-topic, so head there if the impulse takes you. Remember that other people read these threads, and are put off by scrolling through screeds of irrelevant posts.
Second, out of courtesy especially to members whose first language isn't English, avoid text message speak. It's hard to read.
Thirdly, be nice, even if something gets you a bit heated. Personal abuse is not allowed on this forum, and the Big Mods - ie, not me - will send you stern letters if that happens (and in the worst instances, revoke your membership).
Fourthly, before making a new thread, check back over the four pages of already existing threads, to make sure one like it doesn't already exist.
Fifth, If it's a spoiler, cover it up. Not sure if it is? Cover it up anyway. Don't know how? Don't post it until you do. [*SPOILER] Text in here [/*SPOILER] Just remove the *'s
Sixth, there are to be no more new Fanfic threads OR "Game" Threads. If you want to start a different story up, use one of the old threads, links can be found on the Map thread. Alternatively you can use the Pellinor Proboards forum
Stick to these rules, and everyone will be happy. Don't get me wrong - I'm delighted to see so many enthusiastic fans here - but I have to keep my house in order, and I have lots of other things to do.
Very Important Please Read This! That includes newbies and oldies!
Alright listen up folks! I'm going to sound like a bit of a big fat meanie but this needs to be done. I'm outlining rules and such. I know I'm not a Mod, so maybe Gem or Alison should be doing this but they can't keep an eye on us all the time as they are in a different time zone to most of us. Anyway read this or fear my wrath!
WHAT YOU HAVE TO KNOW!
- Introduce yourself in the right thread, not in Q+A, not in Who resembles maerad?, not anything other than the Introduce yourself thread.
- Please dont use txt speak. lyk dis coz itz kwl wiv numbas instead of too/to and for. Its actually against the sffworld rules and it's annoying, because a lot of people dont understand. I'm not saying 'type everything properly' like with correct punctuation etc but please try typing full English words! (Though I think lol/lmao/rofl will be acceptable.)
(YES, they are! :) Hobbit)
- Try your bestest to not go off-topic in the wrong thread. I'm not perfect at it, so its okay but don't go over the top! There's an off-topic thread for that sort of stuff.
- Do not offend people, we are all friends here, so please don't ruin that! (lol you will all probably all fall out with me after this so this rule is here to protect me!)
- This is Alison Croggons Forum, therefore we dont make thread that aren't related to Her Awesomeness's books; though feel free to talk about other books in the 'What else do you read?' thread.
Alright, now all you need to do is check out these threads:
A map to the forum
spoilers and you
For the full list of forum rules/ guidelines please go here
I know it probably isnt my place to write this thread, but Alison is a very busy person and Gemini (the other mod of this part of sffworld forums) can't be here all the time. She has a job, she's on a different time zone to a lot of us and there is a lot more of us who frequent the board then there is of her. So I just thought I'd (be nosy and meddling) try help out a bit.