Looking for Recommendations
Looking for a new Fantasy book/series/author to read and enjoy. Would love some recommendations of who YOU think I might enjoy.
Here's some of authors I have read and enjoyed:
- Douglas Adams.
- Philip Pullman.
- Trudi Canavan, The Black Magician Trilogy.
- Garth Nix, Sabriel Series.
- Alison Croggon, Pellinor Series.
- Christopher Paolini, Eldest Series.
I've just finished reading The Hunger Games Trilogy to see what the fuss was about, it was alright, had a few good moments, but overall not a favourite. Same with the Twilight Series.
I've also read to my little brother and shamelessly enjoyed:
- Harry Potter Series
- Artemis Fowl Series
- The Dark is Rising Series
- A number of books by Diana Wynne Jones
I do also read some SF, however Fantasy is more my thing. I like a strong lead character, a journey or unusual setting, a nice long series if possible and a bit of light romance thrown in (although not strictly necessary).
Thank you for any help! :)