Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Where have I been? Moderator JRMurdock's Avatar
    That's just great! You're moving up in the world! I have the feeling (if you're not already) that you'll be making a weekly jaunt to the B-n-N to check that same shelf.

Did you see any other Windstorm titles out there?

I'll have to make it a point to check out my local stores and give you a reoprt.

GemQuest Moderator Gary Wassner's Avatar
    The Windstorm logo is pretty easy to spot on the spine of the book. Unfortunately, I didn't see any others. But they don't really publish much in the way of fantasy. Kevin and I and a few others, but I don't know if the others are titles anyone has heard of here.

It was a real nice surprise. If they are not on the shelf at your B & N, maybe you want to ask them why?????

Signed copies

If anyone is interested in purchasing signed copies of the GemQuest books, Clarkesworld, the best online bookstore on the net, is selling them. Log on to:

http://www.clarkesworldbooks.com/showNEW_W.html

A Really Big Deal!

It's Sunday evening and I was sitting with my son in the backyard having some sushi and watching the birds with our bird binoculars. It was about 7:30 and the air was beautiful, the birds were feeding and singing and life was good. We had just spent the afternoon getting all the feeders ready and filled, cutting flowers, pruning bushes, planting all the summer flowers and plants, hanging new bird houses, and generally enjoying each other's company and nature. The phone rang.

My publicist called to tell me that Barnes and Noble's small press buyer had just contacted her by mail (she was at a book convention all weekend and hadn't opened her mail) and informed her that after reading my first book, The Twins, they have decided to carry my books in their stores!!!! They are placing an order now and putting the first book in 100 stores. If they do well, they will purchase the other two.

What a nice evening.

Now that's something to crow about!

SO when is the film coming out? or the graphic novel?

Oh, and about signed copies, can't we just mail you our copies (and include return shipping)?

Or can we just track you down at the next big con in town?

BTW, The San Diego Comic con is in town this month. Anyone stopping by? I'll make it a point to meet up with anyone who'll be in town.

J.R.

Gary, great news and much deserved.

Any idea where the stores are located?

Not a clue. They just placed the order so the books haven't even been shipped yet. If I can find out, I will let you know. But, since they buy from distributors, Ingram and Baker and Taylor, it's unlikely that I will ever know where they ship them to. They know their demographics and which stores have significant fantasy readershipts though.

Well, there are about 3 or 4 BNs near me or on my usual driving routes, I'll keep checking and asking at the stores as I have been.

You are a very generous person.

Chasing a Summer Storm Desert Summer's Avatar

Gary's Interview will air next week!

FYI, it's official: The Dragon Page is on XM (scroll down to Sunday's shows).

The next show, airing 12am Eastern (Monday) and 9pm Pacific Sunday June 12, will feature interviews with Catherynne M. Valente and our kind host, Gary Wassner.

Tune in if you've got XM, but you'll still be able to snag the show over the Internet via your favorite podcatcher, or by manually downloading the MP3 direct from the website.

Talking

wait and see and u'll b a millionaire with your books!!! i'm not kiddin!

"Cover to Cover" interview available

The show with Gary's interview is now available for download.

Enjoy!

I just listened to the interview for the first time myself. I honestly didn't remember saying half of what I said, but I did enjoy listening to it. I feel relieved somewhat. Thanks all you guys at Dragon Page for the opportunity and thanks particularly to Summer for getting this set up and seeing it happen.

Now that you've broken the ice with your first interview, have you found a new profession?

I was hoping to give this a listen tonight. Guess it'll have to wait in the moring. For those who don't know, visit ipodder.com or ipodderx.com and you can download the shows automatically. I saw it sitting in ipodder even before I saw this post.

I'm going to go to bed so the morning gets here quicker and I can get my fix of Da Dragon Page.

P.S. Hey Summer, yell at Mike for me please. Accoring to his 'doughnut' contest, I was supposed to e-mail him and get some sound bites. I'm waiting. Should I e-mail him again?

Gary, you're very welcome!

I for one have become accustomed to seeing more interesting products coming out of the smaller presses, so I do what I can to get more than just the same big names on the show (although the attention that the big names can draw in is nice, too

As for me having a new profession doing this, I'm working on that!

maus, definitely send another note to Michael and Evo both... busy can't begin to describe our status.