Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213
    LOL, I hope you said "Yes"?

GemQuest Moderator Gary Wassner's Avatar
    Hey Everyone! Good News! Getting ready for the release of book V:

All four of the current GemQuest books are now available on the Kindle for $4.99 each!!

Awesome.

It's a new dawn.....

Where have I been? Moderator JRMurdock's Avatar
    It's been quiet in here for a long time.

Any news?

Hey. Too quiet, right. But not inactive.

How are you?

Where have I been? Moderator JRMurdock's Avatar
    Just plain awesome! Working hard and getting books out and into the wild. Still waiting for someone to take a bite but that's all part of the game :-)

Re-release

For me, this is great news. I hope it's good news for some others as well:

I've signed with a new publisher! This publisher will re-release all four of my existing GemQuest books in the Spring (we're in the editing and cover art process now) both electronically as well as in hard copy.

http://ereads.com/ecms/genre.php?cat=6

As you can see, this publisher has a long list of out of print titles by so many of the great fantasy authors of our time. Contracts have been signed and we're working! I'm thrilled to know that I'll soon have a publisher who will actually provide and promote my work.

My previous experience with my prior publisher was depressing and dismaying. I should have known better, but I wasn't sure I had any options back then. I was a novice and I didn't want to go through a long rejection process, and waste years searching for a different publisher. So I made some weak decisions. I guess we all do that sometimes. Confirmation bias, as my friend Scott Bakker would call it.

In any case, E-Reads is a reputable E publisher with a roster of great books and great authors. They don't publish new manuscripts, though that may change in time as well. Regardless, they're real and come highly recommended, and I'm excited to announce this.

So look for my books in the Spring! I'll be back here talking about them, and the fifth and final book as well, as I get closer to the re-release date. In fact, I really miss this forum and all the great people I've met here and come to know over the years.

Hi Gary,

Very VERY pleased to see this happening for you. E-Reads is a very good publisher and they've been taking the back list of quite a few authors with wide recognition in the genre (Dave Duncan, Fritz Leiber, Sean Williams, Brian Aldiss) and making those works available to readers.

It could be worse. ~tmso Moderator N. E. White's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I've always wanted to try your work. I'm glad to hear your books will be re-released in ebook format. I look forward to reading them.

E-Reads is just about ready to,go live with my four current books. The fifth will be done in 2013. For sure.