Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    GemQuest Moderator Gary Wassner's Avatar
    Thanks Fitz. I was more than pleased. I know from my readings at World Fantasy that if I get 15 people in the room, it was a smashing success. The most well known authors don't seem to draw the crowds to the reading that you would expect. The opportunity to ask questions of one of your favorite authors would be reason enough to attend, I would think. I went to a reading of a very successfull British author's reading in October and there were five people there, counting his wife and best friend! Shameful. And the reading was brilliant.

Chasing a Summer Storm Desert Summer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by juzzza
    Hey that sounds great, what happens if I look out for the AIM IDs, does it mean I can watch the interview and post questions live, or just chat to TheDragonPage before the event with question ideas?
    Hi Juzza, this is Summer with The Dragon Page.

If you look out for the AIM ID's, it means you'll be able to send questions in for Gary that I'll relay to him during the interview. The show isn't live on the air, but recorded live-to-tape for playback later. The shows are sent out to the stations, and they play them according to their schedule slots.

Yes, I'll be the one doing all the typing, and no, Gary, I don't mind at all... I meant to get here sooner and post the info, but scheduling guests for two shows gets me a little distracted from time to time

Summer

Quote Originally Posted by maus99
    I've only started listening to the Dragon Page (I'm not even sure how long they've been around) but it's a good show. Definately worth a listen. It's really cool to see so many authors that I've met online getting interviewed over there. Nice to put a voice to the words and the pics.
    Thanks maus!

The "Cover to Cover" show has been on for 3 years, and has been syndicated for most of that time. C2C was recently picked up by XM, and will begin airing on their Sonic Theater channel the week of June 5th.

Interestingly, Gary's interview will be part of our first XM show.

The podcast "Wingin' It" has been a show since early February, but only found it's real legs sometime in March. This show is also aired in conjunction with C2C on some of the syndicated terrestrial stations, which is why we have Mur touting "No F-bombs".

You can see a historical list of our past C2C shows at http://www.dragonpage.com/pastShows.html but only the shows over the past month are still available for free download. That page also includes a historical summary of the "Wingin' It" shows for the past month.

"Slice of SciFi" is a relatively new show, about 2 months old, and is focused more on sf/f/h media, television and film to be precise. That show has a separate blog and news gathering crew, which you can find at http://www.sliceofscifi.com

Gary's Interview

Okay, I have to apologize to the folks who were expecting to IM me during Gary's interview.

We moved things up earlier, and that included the time for Gary's interview.

But we'll get Gary back on the show when Book Four is scheduled to be released, and I'll definitely make sure there's a chance for fan interaction.

Summer

As Summer explained, the interview was pushed up and we spoke about an hour before the scheduled time.

I wish that I had a little more time to talk. I enjoyed it very much, but I felt afterward that I could have said so many other, better things than what I said. It was hard to answer the first question, only because the answer couldn't be simple, and yet I had to simplify it.

The 9 minutes of talk time went by so quickly that the interview was over before I even realized it.

Anyway, it will be broadcast sometime in June. I will post the dates when I know them for certain. It will also be broadcast on XM radio to over 1,000, 000 million people! So, regardless of what I said, if only 1% of those who listen take an interest in my books....Well, you can do the math.

Thanks so much to the people at Dragon Page. What a great crew. And what a tremendous service they provide all of us, both authors and readers of speculative fiction. I am very grateful to have had the opportunity to participate.

Where have I been? Moderator JRMurdock's Avatar
    June 5th! You mean I gotta wait for the show? Argh!

I can't wait. I've become a Dragon Page Addict.

Meanwhile, I always thought I was pretty savvy when it came to computers and programs, and I can't even figure out how to get the stupid download to play.

Usually you just double click it and it'll play. Most PCs and MACs have a default MP3 player. If you don't have one, download either WinAmp or Windows Media Player. I personally use WinAmp for various reasons.

If you have a MAC, you can use the QuickTime Player to play MP3s. I'm sure there's other things out there, but I'm not a MAC person anymore.

I use itunes and music match. but i have winamp too. what i really meant was when i log on to dragon page i don't know what to click on. I downloaded an ipodder, but i am not sure what for.

the ipodder will allow you to automatically download the mp3s by designating where you want to get them from. If you go to the Dragon Page, it has a link that will send you here (http://feeds.feedburner.com/dragonpage). This page should give you instructions that boil down to copy and pasting http://dragonpage.com/podcast.xml into the ipodder. When you start your ipodder it will search for new downloads from that given location. OR you can search for podcasts which is a pain unless you know what you're looking for.

If you need more help, let me know.

Oh, you can also scan the dragon page and find the pages like this one (http://www.dragonpage.com/archives/c...cover_166.html) and look for links like this one (Download Cover to Cover #166). This'll allow you to download and listen to the mp3.

*whew* I'm a fountain of info today.

Dragon Page Downloads

what maus said

If you look over at the left sidebar, there are pale green PODCAST buttons, that should take you to the pages you need to feed your iPod or other podcatcher. You can choose a master feed that gets you C2C, WI and Tee's book, Morevi, or you can pick one of the shows.

If you want a shortcut to the pages where you can directly download the MP3s of the previous month's worth of shows, check out http://www.dragonpage.com/pastShows.html -- top of the C2C board is the show with Matt Stover's Revenge of the Sith interview, as well another one with Kage Baker on Life of the World to Come.

There's also a separate feed for "Slice of SciFi", which is out media focused show (tv, film), and you can download those MP3's from http://www.sliceofscifi.com/

Yes, we do three shows a week. We're nuts, but we're having fun, too

Okay, here's what I am going to do. Tomorrow I am going to call in my IT person and have him translate this for me. Thanks. I really am smart but I am having some kind of brain freeze right now.

So Gary, were you ever able to download some shows and listen to them?

Actually, yes. but i am not sure how i did it. thanks.

Wow!

Wow, what a thrill!

I walked into a large Barnes and Noble store this morning looking for Erikson's Gardens of the Moon. They didn't have it there, so I started to browse the fantasy section, which was kind of large. I got to the 'v's in search of Vandermeer, and right in front of me, eye level on the shelf, were all three books in my own series! I didn't even know they had bought them and it was really a thrill! All this time I have been complaining that they aren't kind to small press titles. They had four copies of each book in the series that was released two months ago and they even set them up in the middle of the shelf to display the covers instead of just the spines.

What a great feeling, and totally unexpected. Now I hope some people go in and buy them.