Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Loveable Rogue Moderator juzzza's Avatar
    Listening right now!

It is also breaking my podcasting cherry!

Awesome... and turns out I have my own podcast feed:

http://www.garageband.com/artist/jus...newsletter.xml

GemQuest Moderator Gary Wassner's Avatar
    Juzz, what do I do with that link? Is there something to listen to? You need to give more information.

If you are using iPodder (or whatever podcasting software you like) you just subscribe that link into the software and it pulls down five of my original tunes and announcements, interviews, live tracks... you name it!!!

I didn't know all this Gary until I had to download iPodder to listen to your interview! Dragonpage provided all of the links to the software.

Okay, I did that. Now how do i listen to the five things it downloaded?

You put a tick in what you want to hear and then click on the two arrows forming a circle, it will then download them... but it's nothing new to your ears Gary, you have the CD.

It should then allow you to listen to the downloads using iTunes... it's a pretty cool thing, thanks Dragonpage and Gary for turning me onto podcasts!
    Last edited by juzzza; June 14th, 2005 at 01:24 PM.

You are currently podcasting throughout all of my employees offices.

Good job Justin!

Where have I been? Moderator JRMurdock's Avatar
    I've got the 'Justine' feed too. Cool! I'm a happening guy! WOO!

I only got about 2 minutes into the interview. I keep getting phone calls. Darn this work stuff. Don't they know I have other things I want to do? Pfft.

I WILL get to it today. Oh yes. I will.

Glad you're a pod-person now too Gary! Beware. There's a LOT to sign up for. If you're in need of good material, let me know (or just listen to past shows of the Dragon Page). I've found some pretty cool shows out there.

Hey cheers guys!

By the way, I hope to 'pod' a live version of 'Sold' and my BBC Interview and of course... the New York track when it is available.

When the producer gets back from Capri

Great interview, Gary. Without Evo, possibly the most sedate they've ever done.

I've got a silly question and perhaps it's just me, we're you outside when you did the interview? I could hear birds in the background.

By far too short. . But well worth it.

Hey Summer, maybe you guys need to change Dragon Page to be a two hour show. I know you've nothing else going on. . Any idea how many XM listeners you had?

Thanks Maus. No, I was inside, but it's certainly possible that you did hear birds chirping. When the spring comes, I put out probably a dozen feeders all over my property and since I am constantly hanging different bird houses everywhere, we have a huge number of the flying creatures everywhere. I am a bit of a nature freak.

The interview actually seemed very short when I was doing it, but when I listened, it seemed longer. Funny how that happens.

Chasing a Summer Storm Desert Summer's Avatar

More Dragon Page than you can shake a Minbari fighting pike at

Quote Originally Posted by maus99
    Great interview, Gary. Without Evo, possibly the most sedate they've ever done.

I've got a silly question and perhaps it's just me, we're you outside when you did the interview? I could hear birds in the background.

By far too short. . But well worth it.

Hey Summer, maybe you guys need to change Dragon Page to be a two hour show. I know you've nothing else going on. . Any idea how many XM listeners you had?
    Sedate? Huh... maybe I'll have to work on that There's another one coming up where it's just Michael and me, and we even did a special intro for it that's kinda goofy.

No idea on the XM numbers yet. And it turns out that I had my broadcast dates wrong. XM doesn't air the show first during the week... they air it last. So Gary's show will be on XM this coming Sunday night. All the other syndicated stations should be airing it already, yesterday through the weekend.

So, maus, you're saying that the 3 hrs of shows we're already doing isn't enough? Between "Cover to Cover", "Wingin' It" and "Slice of SciFi" you still need more?

Wow. Cool.

Well, I can't think of anything beyond this, but if you'd like 2hrs of "Cover to Cover", I'd suggest calling XM or emailing Sonic Theater and asking if there's a possibility of expanding the show.

What we really need is more paying advertisers, or maybe a big money sponsor. Anyone have a cousin or aunt or uncle who works for someplace like Apple or Nike or Guinness?

Chasing a Summer Storm Desert Summer's Avatar
    oh, and there's a couple of nice trees right outside the window where we record, and sometimes they get feisty.

I prefer the birds over the lanscapers blowers and trimmers, though

I do listen and subscribe to all three shows. C2C was the first podcast I'd listened to. I had to get caught up on all the past shows I'd missed so I was listening to 3 and 4 shows a day for a week. Now that I've only got 3 shows a WEEK to listen to, I guess I'm just jonesing for show.

It was interesting to hear Stackpole doing an interview. We'll have to drag him over to this forum one day.

Gee.. and I thought Gary was the nature lover with the birds in the background. Now I know why you interviewed him. hehehe

I've got a suggestion for you to take back to M & E. How about putting out all those 'little' cast inside wingin' it into their own podcast or cast them serarate? Give the listeners a wee bit more for the week.

Sorry Gary, I keep digressing to podcasting in your forum. I'll have to create a new thread off in the General Discussion area.

J.R.

I am a nature lover. No dispute about that.

So my books were just shipped to Ingram for the Barnes and Noble order. They should be on the shelves soon. Help me out here, ask your local B & N for them if you get a chance. I will be humbly and forever grateful.
    Last edited by Gary Wassner; June 20th, 2005 at 05:13 PM.