Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Where have I been? Moderator JRMurdock's Avatar
    Even though I'm not world famous like you Gary, I got a mention on the Dragon Page's latest episode of Wingin' It.

I'll have to go post more beer drinking comments. Hehehe

GemQuest Moderator Gary Wassner's Avatar
    Congrats, Maus. Good for you.

If only it were for writing.

They read my post from their site about too many other topics being raised and not enough beer drinking. Beer drinking, of course, was the main point of Wingin' it in the first place.

Hey Gary, when's book 4 coming out.

Hey Gary, when are you coming to SD for a book signing?

Hey Gary, how close are you to finishing book 5 now?

I will be in Glasgow on August 4th and 5th for the WorldCon.

Join me if you can: Barnes and Noble, Manhasset, New York - discussion, reading and signing, September 29, 2005, 7:30 PM

South Dakota Maus? I would love to come out there. Are there any airports?

Book IV is being edited now. Can't give you a firm date yet.

Book V is zipping along now. Give me another three months.

Actually...

San Diego.

The only thing in South Dakota would be some giant statue of these four president guys.

I knew that, Maus. Just pulling your leg. I snailmailed you things before, haven't I?

g

But of course.

There's still nothing in South Dakota. I wonder if people there have computers. Hmm. My mom lives in Northern Minnesota and SHE'S got a computer. They must. I'd think.

I don't want to offend anyone, but do they have electricity?

In all honesty, I knew the Governor of SD a number of years ago. I was involved in an investment in South Dakota that he was involved with as well. I actually almost went there.

Check out Amazon.com

A promotion begins tomorrow, 7/21, linking The Twins to Olympos, the new fantasy by Dan Simmons.

Barnes and Noble, Northern Boulevard, Manhasset, New York on September 29. I am doing a reading and a signing that evening.

Check out my interview with Jay at Fantasybookspot.com which was posted today, 8/23/05:

http://www.fantasybookspot.com/?q=node/view/241

First of the Druids
    Mr. Wassner:

I thoroughly enjoyed your fantasybookspot interview.

Regarding South Dakota:

I lived (until August 1 this year) 14 miles from the South Dakota Border and went to a couple years of college in Madison, SD. I have traveled throughout that state and thus can be of assistance:

They do have computers but it seems to be only in the towns with colleges or universities in them

If you want to get in good sleep drive from Sioux Falls to Rapid City. 6 hours of pure torture. Although the corn palace (yes I said corn) is an oddity, it is strange enough to rate a look.

There are two airports that can handle customer travel: Sioux Falls and Rapid City. I have flown out of Sioux Falls and it's nice.

As for book signings and the like: The only book signings I have ever been to in South Dakota was at the University of South Dakota and those are usually non-fiction or news writers. (keeping with the boring motif I am sure). The Barnes and Noble in Sioux Falls has mostly local authors which is sometimes very interesting if you like rural life or Native Americans.

The best way to describe South Dakota is that it is a nice place. Yep, nice...and it is more exciting than North Dakota.

and this all coming from an Iowan

I am glad you liked the interview and thanks for taking the time to tell me.

I happen to truly enjoy the countryside. If it was my choice, I would spend half of my time in NYC and the other half as far away from civilization as possible. But it's not my choice now, and I couldn't bear to leave my sons for any extended period of time anyway. You know that I was being facetious before?

I would think that the weather in the Dakotas would be conducive to reading. On a cold winter's night, a great Epic Fantasy series could really help.

First of the Druids
    I did read alot in South Dakota and yes, I did know you were being fecetious. I was being a little sarcastic myself.

The people there are good, wholesome people and I enjoyed my time there; when I wasn't being bored.

Copies of The Twins are on the shelves at your local Barnes and Noble! Check them out.