Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Jelly Fetishist

Cadvan's Thread (spoilers for The Riddle)

Right, well I've been thinking today (as my perverted little mind often does), about Cadvan. We know he doesn't feature directly in Book 3, and I for one will be relatively sad about that. And I know that Alison obviously cant give away plot details concerning him in Book 4. So here's a compromise!! (and here my voice get's all whiny)
    Dear Mrs Croggon, would it be at all possible for you to tell us some background information about Cadvan, you know- like favourite milkshake, least favourite colour, etc etc, and maybe a bit of his history (that which isn't mentioned in the book). I would be ever so grateful and contented whilst I wait for mid 2006 to come round!
    Asides, I thought the Cadvan-fans (now a small army) might as well have this thread for their lustful rantings, kiss-and-tell-Cadvan stories, and so on.
    Last edited by alison; April 9th, 2005 at 05:13 PM. Reason: Added spoiler warning

I just wanna say i second Mrs. Cadvan's idea and i wouldn't mind gettin extra info bout any other characters too (ok so we're bein slightly cheekey askin u to come up with all this stuff BUT u don't get if u don't ask)

Sounds like a fair request! Is there anything in particular you'd like to know? I'll do my best to find out...I'll have to do some research.

Cadvan Facts 1

Cadvan was born, the oldest of five children, into a poor family in a small village near Lirigon. His father was a cobbler. His mother died of a fever when he was six years old, after she gave birth to his youngest brother Morvan.

Weee, a thread dedicated to Cadvan, about time . Actualy, did you know there are quite a few historical figures called Cadvan? Like Cadvan of Cambria Prince of Wales and there's a Dr Cadvan Giffifths... lol http://www.google.com.au/searchhl=en...a=lr%3Dlang_en

Actualy, i was interested in Cadvan heritage. Is there any Pilanel blood floating around in his veins... i forget why i wanted to know this, there was a theory or something, ah well, it'll be interesting to know anyway.

Jelly Fetishist
    Quote Originally Posted by alison
    Sounds like a fair request! Is there anything in particular you'd like to know? I'll do my best to find out...I'll have to do some research.
    Wahay!
    Well...what was Cadvan like as a child, a teenager, a young man? Whilst he was a student at Lirigon's school, what sort of 'crowd' did he hang about with?
    What was his and Ceredin's relationship like? (yeah, I had to fit in the jealous fan-girl question somewhere :P)

well done Mrs C...you have my eternal respect for this thread ...yummm Cadvan.... ...thanks for creating him Alison ...he's a very Aragorn type figure..any lost thrones in his heritage?

Cadvan Facts 2

Actualy, i was interested in Cadvan heritage. Is there any Pilanel blood floating around in his veins... i forget why i wanted to know this, there was a theory or something, ah well, it'll be interesting to know anyway.
    Almost nothing is known of Cadvan's family; certainly there were no kings. However, it wouldn't be unlikely that Pilanel blood was in there somewhere: there was a close and ancient relationship between the Pilanel people and the people of Lirhan, and intermarriage wasn't uncommon.

Off to the library to do some more research - I'm sure there's a scroll on the young Bards Nelac taught in Lirigon, if I can find it. From the accounts available, they were a pretty wild and talented bunch. Maybe I can find something on that poetry duel with Dernhil...

BoA Manager
    in all honesty i fell in love with Dernhil when i first read him and i cried when he died!!! **tear** he seemed an interesting character with a interesting past and although i can see his death was necessary i still didn't enjoy reading it. i just would have liked to see his and Maerad's friendship grow a little. And i know this is Cadvan's thread but this kinda relates to him anywayz. but i think that even if Maerad did like Cadvan in that way and he did like her in that way Maerad's memories and feelings for Dernhil could still get in the way of their possible relationship although i think i see them as older brother and lil sis in a way. tis kinda cute. **awwww**

~ Tari

Jelly Fetishist
    Quote Originally Posted by Tari
    in all honesty i fell in love with Dernhil when i first read him and i cried when he died!!! **tear** he seemed an interesting character with a interesting past and although i can see his death was necessary i still didn't enjoy reading it. i just would have liked to see his and Maerad's friendship grow a little. And i know this is Cadvan's thread but this kinda relates to him anywayz. but i think that even if Maerad did like Cadvan in that way and he did like her in that way Maerad's memories and feelings for Dernhil could still get in the way of their possible relationship although i think i see them as older brother and lil sis in a way. tis kinda cute. **awwww**

~ Tari
    Actually I didn't really like Dernhil, and am ashamed to say that I have absolutely no good reason for doing so; he was a perfectly nice chap. I suspose because he was a potential obstacle for anything that might happen between Maerad and Cadvan...

Alison: Woah, you have no idea how hot that bit about the poetry contest makes Cadvan sound... *drools all over the keyboard just thinking about it*
    Give me more, more I say! Withdrawal symptoms!! Also, what was Ceredin like?

Jelly Fetishist
    oh yeah, I forgot to say: I have done another piece of fanart, featuring Cadvan, Maerad, Nerili and Ceredin. They're not how I imagined them really, but nevermind. You can see it here:

http://thrombosis-leopard.deviantart.com/

Please view it up close as well, because the scan took away a lot of the shading quality!

so that all happened before the Dark magic thing when Ceredin died?...
    Yes: not long before. And after that, Cadvan's life was very different...

I have to say that I have a soft spot for Derhil too, Tari. I remember when I realised what was going to happen to him...I actually went cold.

And Mrs C, I'm impressed! You sure can draw. That's a gorgeous picture of Cadvan, and not so far from how I see him myself -

Chiltern, Vic, Oz Favourite Music: John Butler
    Dernhil seemed a lot like Cadvan, IMO - at least, the Cadvan we know now...

That's a bloody awesome drawing, Mrs. Cadvan!

BoA Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by alison
    I have to say that I have a soft spot for Derhil too, Tari. I remember when I realised what was going to happen to him...I actually went cold.
    Awwwwww !!!! **Tear** Alison i'm glad i've found some one who feels da smae way. mt friends couldn't figure out y i cried when Dernhil died but it's just me . . . . i have a seriously diff sense for guys . . . .dont ask . . . . . anyhoo i'm glad im not alone on dis.

~ Tari