Page 101 of 111 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,515 of 1664
    I'm afraid you guys just lost a fan in Richard Armitage...he LOOKS like Cadvan, but then I watched him on youtube and heard his voice...
    AND NO! JUST! NOOOOOOOOO!!!! RA is cockney! Cadders CANNOT be cockney! Maybe you americans and aussies like it (from what i have discovered, lots you you like the UK accent...for some...totally...unknown...reason...), but cockney? No. Cadvan should sound...very English maybe. Or have a slight Italian or French accent...*drools*
    What d'y'all reckon?

Definately not a cockney! Just no!

But i'm sure he could do a non-cockney accent!
    I think he just needs to sound neutral!

No, Cadvan's not cockney...

But Stenny, what is "neutral"? To someone from the US it's an American accent, but to me it's English. It's difficult to say. Personally I agree with Jennistar.

Well, Ben Barnes managed a Spanish accent okay in Prince Caspian...maybe RA can do the same.
    I would say 'neutral' was what they called RP - which is Received Pronounciation, basically an accent in its purest form. So the sort of accent that newscasters speak with, or politicians make announcements with. Usually RP is associated with English, but I suppose it could stretch to American or Australian accents. When I was in Australia, I found that newscasters and other formal people (wow, great use of the English Language there Jennistar!) tend to talk with a slightly English accent...which was amusing for a UK dude for me to hear!

I don't know really, I guess it would be difficult to get a 'neutral' accent, everyone has their own preferences i guess.

I don't really have an accent, and i'm not just saying that, people have told me that before! They can never work out where I'm from. lol

Personally, I always thought Cadvan would sound a little...well, 'posh'. I mean, he's meant to be a great Bard, and he acts all arrogant at times, so I could see him getting on his high horse and being snobby...but at the same time he needs to have a warmth to his voice that encourages common village folk to respond to him and not be intimidated by his high status...hmm...and his voice needs to be deep, just because thats sexiful .

I have a mixed accent thanks to my gap year...I have American, NZ and quite a bit of Australian. My friends make me say 'Australia' all the time because it sounds so Australian lol

Yeah, I think i agree with that, all sexiful!

Idon'tknowwhatthatmeans. Mistress Maerad's Avatar
    I think everyone agrees with that...

Sorry, but I still love RA, voice and all. However, there are voice coaches that can be hired to teach accents. I think they did that with LOTR and other movies.....

I'm sure he doesn't sound cockney in robin hood, or in the Vicar of dibley

✫High Bard of the Reading ServalSpirit's Avatar
    I've never heard of "cockney" before. Is there a specific video on youtube where you can hear his "cockney" accent?

Ack! I can't remember where I found it! It was on my friend's laptop...RA was doing an interview...I shall search sometime for you guys...

That's really strange then if he did sound cockney, i mean, he's from Leicester. (That's central England for people who don't know) I live near leicester and i don't know anyone round here who sounds cockney lol

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ServalSpirit View Post
    I've never heard of "cockney" before. Is there a specific video on youtube where you can hear his "cockney" accent?
    my thoughts exactly...RA's voice sounds fine to me for Cadvan..

There are tons of interviews with him on YouTube.

He starts talking about 20 seconds in, I don't know about you guys, but I quite like his voice . If it is "cockney", I don't think it's very pronounced.

One of the things I've noticed about RA is that in real life he speaks quite softly, much softer than when he's in character. I get the feeling he's actually quite a reserved and shy person.
    Last edited by Gemini; August 21st, 2008 at 11:15 PM.

Blog Entries
    WHAT IS COCKNEY?!?!?!?!

and what does it have to do with him not having a cadvanish voice?!? (my attempt to be on topic)

srry, i dont know, i probably should