Page 11 of 111 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast
    In a castle in the beautiful city of christchurch --- Ruled by Me
    I always thought that was his real name a little weird but still his real name =O.

i hope we find out cadvans real name. maybe if we find out mearads third name. Cadvan might tell mearads his when they have another of there lil moments . when a bard no's anothers true name can they get sum kind of control over them lyk with mearad and the winterking (4got his name)???

Crazy about Pellinor!!!!! bai_xu's Avatar
    Finally we are back on topic!
    It took me HOURS to read throught all that! Especially the bits and pices about MSN...
    mmm...anyway, does Maerad have a surname? Or are Bards surname-less? Do they only have their usename, then the School they are from?

Quote Originally Posted by Anna
    i hope we find out cadvans real name. maybe if we find out mearads third name. Cadvan might tell mearads his when they have another of there lil moments . when a bard no's anothers true name can they get sum kind of control over them lyk with mearad and the winterking (4got his name)???
    Arkan. However it says somewhere in the Riddle, can't remember the exact page but the control over Maerad will be considerable less after she has found out her Elidhu name / third name

yea if she dicovered her true name she would be less powerful so she shouldnt discover her last name. Cadvans might not trust Mearad with his true name after what he saw her do in the riddle. the people might have surnames but they might have to change them for the school

If Cadvan did tell Maerad his Truename, I think it's a sign that he likes and trusts her enough to do so.

Spoiler:
    I always wondered if the Nameless or Enkir or someone evil could get control over Maerad if they knew about the prophecy about her Truename and all. If they knew her name was Elednor, couldn't they control her too?

Spoiler:
    I think by knowing her bard name they can cause her physical pain like in the riddle [Arkan and the sorceror] but I think that she is getting stronger so it will be harder for people to use her name against her. I also think that when she knows her Elidhu name no one will be able to control her in that way as her Elidhu name was not prophesised. Well that's what I think anyway

Quote Originally Posted by yodee
    Spoiler:
    I think by knowing her bard name they can cause her physical pain like in the riddle [Arkan and the sorceror] but I think that she is getting stronger so it will be harder for people to use her name against her. I also think that when she knows her Elidhu name no one will be able to control her in that way as her Elidhu name was not prophesised. Well that's what I think anyway

Very true. Doesn't Cadvan say something like that at the end of the Riddle?

Off-topic My elf name is Alassė Ancalimė and my hobbit name is Prisca Knotwise of Michel Delving and my fairy thingy is

Your fairy is called Feather Goblinglitter
    She is a bringer of riches and wealth
    She lives in high places where the clouds meet the earth
    She is only seen in the light of a shooting star

Quote Originally Posted by whitesilkbreeze

Neat! My elf name is Nienna Ancalimė and my hobbit name is Dimple Knotwise of Michel Delving. I once knew a girl called Dimple.
    Wow as elves and hobbits we are related!! i have found my hobbit and elf sister!

You actually knew someone called Dimple!?

int he riddle he said that if she found out her elidhu name then her bard name would become worthless

yea i cant wait 2 find out wht it is. + if cadvan told mearad his bard name i think it cud bring them closer together it wud do there relationship the world of gd!

yeah and it would prove that he trusted her like no other

Quote Originally Posted by bai_xu
    Maerad and Cadvan forever!!!
    hahaha lol, sho anyways I'm going to put a little "Maerad and Cadvan forever" code in my yr 12 quote (at my school we get a magazine at the end of the year to comemorate the year gone and all the yr 12's get to have quotes under their photo's) MUHAHAHAH and no one will understand what it means, except for me muhahahahahaha....

What do you people have against my posts???
    Anyway, yeah, I agree with you Gemini, Cadvan is great!!!

Now I'm not reading the Riddle, it's as if I can see him clearly for the first time : imperfect, driven, haunted, stern, divided within himself; but also true, honest, generous, strong and gentle.

Lol.If you guys don't know what I'm talking about, read the Riddle on page 223.

Talking beautiful

Quote Originally Posted by alison
    Apologies - I couldn't finish the story. So I thought I'd post the bit I've done. I'll translate the rest some time this week

This extract from Lives of the Bards by Fornarii of Lirigon.

Cadvan lived with his father and four siblings in a small Lirhan village, not far from Lirigon. But he did not go to the Lirigon School until much later than most children with the Gift.
    beautiful beautiful beautiful
    thanxx alison for the wonderful stuff =)
    My mind has been on The Naming all day,, I just finished it last night
    Anyways,
    I was just wondering,,,
    I wonder if a separate book on Cadvan would be a possibililty?
    like, a story of his life, family, adventures, life at school, relationships, etc.
    I was kind of thinking of something like the book Polgara the Sorceress by David Eddings =)

Gahh,, I can't believe the riddle isn't coming out in canada for like another year!! depressing... I'll just have to make up my own little adventure for maerad and cadvan until the book comes into stores

Quote Originally Posted by firelily
    Gahh,, I can't believe the riddle isn't coming out in canada for like another year!! depressing... I'll just have to make up my own little adventure for maerad and cadvan until the book comes into stores
    Oh my God!!! A whole year!!!
    Poor you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!
    But you can always read the first four chapters on The Riddle, on Alison's website...