Page 2 of 111 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast
    Jelly Fetishist
    oh yeah, I forgot to say: I have done another piece of fanart, featuring Cadvan, Maerad, Nerili and Ceredin. They're not how I imagined them really, but nevermind. You can see it here:

http://thrombosis-leopard.deviantart.com/

Please view it up close as well, because the scan took away a lot of the shading quality!

so that all happened before the Dark magic thing when Ceredin died?...
    Yes: not long before. And after that, Cadvan's life was very different...

I have to say that I have a soft spot for Derhil too, Tari. I remember when I realised what was going to happen to him...I actually went cold.

And Mrs C, I'm impressed! You sure can draw. That's a gorgeous picture of Cadvan, and not so far from how I see him myself -

Chiltern, Vic, Oz Favourite Music: John Butler
    Dernhil seemed a lot like Cadvan, IMO - at least, the Cadvan we know now...

That's a bloody awesome drawing, Mrs. Cadvan!

Wow Mrs Cadvan that really is awsome... but while we are on the topic of what they look like I imagined Cdavan looks a bit like a mix between Fabrizio Moretti (the strokes drummer) and Aragorn (LOTR of course) and I imagined Maerad as a mix between Liv Tyler and Sienna Miller(Jude Law's fiance), minus the blonde hair

This might sound a bit strange, but anyway:

About five years back I remember watching one of those dumb 'fun for the whole family' movies - Harriet the Spy, I think.
    Anyway, I know the genre is completely out of place, but from what I remember the girl actor was a lot like my internal image of Maerad. I've forgotten her name, though - actually I doubt if I ever knew it, I was only 11 at the time . In the movie she's usually got that stupid 'kid being mischievious' look, but at one point her Dad moves away, and she gets really sad and solemn; that was the bit I remembered.

And she's Aussie, too, IIRC

I think you mean Michelle Tratchenburg..NO just no..she played Dawn in Buffy and dear god i don't think there was a worse charcterd ever on TV.. talk about killing a show...sorry i just actually despise her for that charcter, just i'd have to kil everybody if they did that..i'm very sorry to stamp on your views but this is just my opinion

Quote Originally Posted by Fionnoula
    I think you mean Michelle Tratchenburg..NO just no..she played Dawn in Buffy and dear god i don't think there was a worse charcterd ever on TV.. talk about killing a show...sorry i just actually despise her for that charcter, just i'd have to kil everybody if they did that..i'm very sorry to stamp on your views but this is just my opinion
    I completely agree michelle tratchenburg wouldn't make a good Maerad at all... but thats my opinion

Whoa, I'll just shut up now then.

I have to admit, I didn't watch Buffy ( ), and it's a but hard to judge a kid's acting ability from when they're twelve years old.

Then again, that's how they chose Daniel Radcliffe

Liv Tyler is one of the most beautiful human beings on earth, and has the right colouring etc. But she's a bit old for Maerad. Maerad will have to be an Unknown.

Quote Originally Posted by Akdor 1154
    Whoa, I'll just shut up now then.

Then again, that's how they chose Daniel Radcliffe
    sorry..everybody has their own opinion i was just giving mine..but just for the record NO..

"i'm a *gulp* Wizard" ahh the talents of Daniel Radcliff..

yeah..Liv Tyler is too old..i meant if she was younger..i saw her in a film called Stealing Beauty..that's why i thougt of her..

BoA Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by alison
    I have to say that I have a soft spot for Derhil too, Tari. I remember when I realised what was going to happen to him...I actually went cold.
    Awwwwww !!!! **Tear** Alison i'm glad i've found some one who feels da smae way. mt friends couldn't figure out y i cried when Dernhil died but it's just me . . . . i have a seriously diff sense for guys . . . .dont ask . . . . . anyhoo i'm glad im not alone on dis.

~ Tari

Don't worry I cried when Dernhil died too... actually I cried alot through the books and please no one laugh at me cos this is gonna sound so stupid but i cried in The Riddle when Cadvan and Maerad were fighting... oh and when the Gwalhain Pass thing happened... remember no one laugh at me

remember no one laugh at me
    Hey Siobhan - I wouldn't dream of it. Believe me, I cried writing them... and I don't think authors are supposed to do that... In fact, so far I've finished all the books in floods of tears, which is a little embarrassing really... especially when my youngest son walks in and wants to know what's wrong... so it's kind of comforting to hear that other people cry reading it! It makes me feel not so much of a wimp.

Well I think it shows that you're a good author if you can relate to the characters you create and get emotional about it because to me thats what makes a good book - one that brings out your emotionions so that your happy when something good happens and your sad when something bad happens, like Dernhil dying.

yeah Dernhill's death was sad..there was so many possibilties there..i was more sad about it the second time around becuase it had a chance to sink in more..like when you think about how that charcter is now gone..they will never be in it again...that door is closed..it makes it very poignant..