Page 3 of 111 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast
    Chiltern, Vic, Oz Favourite Music: John Butler
    Yeah, I was sad when Dernhil died, and that is a great achievment as I'm not really an emotional guy, for reasons I won't go into here.

my god, you go away (to the worlds largest sand island, he) for three days... and you guys go crazy with the post and the threads... I did cry with Dernhil and the Gwalhain pass things... BTW the Gwalhian things was written soooo well Alison, the emotion and the tention... *sigh*

BTW... you got Maerad spot on that time Mrs Cadvan, Ceredin was is really good to, i don't know about Cadvan though
    Last edited by Gemini; April 9th, 2005 at 02:18 AM.

Well, of course my big mission in life is to make people feel absolutely miserable...

Actually, it's a big compliment. So thanks, guys. It's what you hope will happen, but there are no guarantees. When I'm writing these things, I'm just guessing.

This forum is getting rather chock full of spoilers - wondering how to signal this in the thread...?

Jelly Fetishist
    Quote Originally Posted by alison
    Hey Siobhan - I wouldn't dream of it. Believe me, I cried writing them... and I don't think authors are supposed to do that... In fact, so far I've finished all the books in floods of tears, which is a little embarrassing really... especially when my youngest son walks in and wants to know what's wrong... so it's kind of comforting to hear that other people cry reading it! It makes me feel not so much of a wimp.
    Funnily enough, the part that always gets me is that bit near the end of the first book where Maerad scries Cadvan. It's just so sensual and intimate and so gorgeously written...makes me melt every time.*sigh* I was planning on making that my next illustration, actually...

I'd love to see that, Mrs C...

Anyone interested in Cadvan's adventures, the ones that made him famous throughout Annar before he met Maerad? I might be able to dig out one or two.

oo yeah that would be interesting...

Anyone interested in Cadvan's adventures, the ones that made him famous throughout Annar before he met Maerad? I might be able to dig out one or two.
    Yes yes yes yes yes yes yes please

of course... what else did you expect us to say!

Sirion is slightly insane
    hey.
    please tell about cadvans adventure cos i always wondered about! Mrs Cadvan that piece of fanart was amazing but i didn't really see cadvan like that.

Jelly Fetishist
    Hell yeah! Vite, vite!

Excellent! It might take me a few days - I've got a busy week coming up - but it gives me a chance to do some more research...

In a castle in the beautiful city of christchurch --- Ruled by Me
    Woooot Wooot i cant wait.

ah...excellent,

something to fill in the void of the long desperate wait for the next book.

tingling with excitement here for more finds of the history of annar.

(i really must stop drinking that delicious "ruby red cherry cordial" i think.
    must. stop. tingling)

I feel guilty now - trailing the cloak and not posting anything straight away. Like I said, it's a busy week here. But I will, I will! It's a fantastic chance to find out more myself.

As for that cherry cordial - watch it, shadow, it's a bit misleading, it goes down sweet and smooth and catches up with you later...!

BoA Manager
    Hey Siobhan - I wouldn't dream of it. Believe me, I cried writing them... and I don't think authors are supposed to do that... In fact, so far I've finished all the books in floods of tears, which is a little embarrassing really... especially when my youngest son walks in and wants to know what's wrong... so it's kind of comforting to hear that other people cry reading it! It makes me feel not so much of a wimp.
    Dont feel alone Alison. i cried when i was writing Tari for the first time (although i think that characters name changed like six times after Tari appeared) anyhoo there's a part in one of my pieces where she decides to leave her town in respect to her cousin's recent suiside and i cried when she said goodbye to her cousin and left. she's likie a spirit sorta thingy too complicated but the point is that what i believe to help be a good author u need to become involved with your characters, emoptionally also. i think it helps to understand their reactions to things better simply because you can feel it also.

i think that coiuld have been worded better but i'm jetlagged and my mind says it's midnight and it's only like 10 ish.

~ Tari