Page 1 of 27 12311 ... LastLast
    Common sense ain't common Maiablackwolf's Avatar
    Blog Entries

After the War [[RPG]]

Another roleplay, charting what happens after The Singing. There may be a little setup work before we begin, such as deciding whether we'll stick to the notes in the appendices (so, Cadvan becomes First Bard of Lirigon [at least, I seem to recall that ], Hem helps make peace between Den Raven and the Suderain, and so on) or blaze our own not-entirely-canon trail. Another point would be whether or not we'll incorporate the Dernhil and Zelika loopholes, and if so, how to fit them into canon (well, it was never explicitly said in the appendices that they didn't come back, was it?! ). And also, how long we would wait (after the epilogue) before beginning.

At first, I imagine people would probably claim book characters, but afterwards perhaps OCs can be introduced-- even reintroduced, in some cases. Naturally, anyone can join, though only one person can play a character. No godmoding (taking over someone else's character), overpowering your character, yadda yadda yadda, basic RPG rules... if anyone wants to join but isn't used to roleplaying, questions will probably be answered with ease. If not, we shall scour wikipedia [which, ironically, may not have the answer, seeing as roleplaying is a vast term with many subtle rules that vary]. Naturally, this will go alongside the other roleplay, The Known World RPG, and neither will have much of an effect on the other.

So. Is that missing anything?

✫High Bard of the Reading ServalSpirit's Avatar
    Sounds cool! Are any characters taken? Can I be Hem?

Blog Entries
    No, none are taken, and thus yes, you can be Hem. If we're going to claim characters early on, then I think I'll be wanting Saliman... Maybe we should keep a running list of taken characters?

Maerad: x
    Cadvan: x
    Hem: ServalSpirit
    Saliman: Maiablackwolf
    Hekibel: x

Maybe anyone who claims a character can copypaste the list and add their names... first come first serve sounds like the best idea here.

The horse with no name. Maximus's Avatar
    Running down a dream, working on a mystery...
    Hmm, I'm not sure I want to be one of the book Characters, to many things to stick to from the book! If we make our own Chars what format do we use? Someone gonna' post a sheet?

Blog Entries
    Perhaps we could use the format of the sheet used in The Known World RPG, although I like the look of this one too, although it's more detailed:

Full name:

Nickname/s: (if any)

Fears: (if any)

Quirks: (for example, Cadvan's love of mushrooms)

Goal/s: (if any)

Flaw/s: (need at least one! )

Secret/s: (unless they're to be revealed later)

Dislikes:

Sexual orientation: (if known)

Family ties: (if any; if not, explain why)

Children: (if any)

Pet/s: (if any)

Appearance: (eye colour) (hair colour/style) (general idea of height and weight) (tattoos/piercing/scars, if any) (could go into detail, if one so wishes)

History: (a paragraph or two)

Personality: (a paragraph or two)

Anyone filling out the sheet would take away all that silly brackets stuff, of course.

Blog Entries
    argh i'm so tempted to take cadvan or maerad, but i don't think i can portray there characters...

maybe we should limit the amount of characters you can have at one time seeing as last time it got very confusing when we lost our characters lol

The horse with no name. Maximus's Avatar
    Running down a dream, working on a mystery...
    2 per person maximum?

Blog Entries
    I agree with Maximus. And maybe one canon character per person?

✫High Bard of the Reading ServalSpirit's Avatar
    Yeah, that's reasonable! And YAYAYAY!! I get Hem!

Blog Entries
    I think I want to be maerad i'm going to try to be her! wooh!

Maerad: PellinorFanatic
    Cadvan: x
    Hem: ServalSpirit
    Saliman: Maiablackwolf
    Hekibel: x

haha and now i need to ponder my other character.....

Bard of Tending in Ileadh Maerad(",)'s Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Full name: Eirwen (Eirwen means 'snow' )

Fear: to be a burden for someone. To see a Hull (this is very obvious )

Race: Human (She's not a bard or anything! )

Goal: To find a more peaceful place and to seek her life's purpose.

Flaw: She's lazy when she's not in the mood to do things.

Secret: She stole the necklace, that Marr made, from her step mother the night before she left. (actually the necklace is originally Eirwen's, but her step mother deemed it was hers when Marr died.)

Dislikes: Noisy people and meats (she's a vegetarian! XD)

Sexual orientation: She's more open and close to men than women. she believes that all females are rude and scary.

Appearance: Grey eyes, wavy long black hair, pale white skin.

History:
    Eirwen's original mother abandoned her beside the freezing Til Amon Lake, leaving Eirwen to the mercy of the wild animals. Fortunately, someone saw and rescued her from her cruel death. The man who rescued Eirwen (she called him Marr) was very close to her, but his wife just doesn't like Eirwen. So when Marr died (a group of hulls/thieves attacked Marr's group while journeying somewhere, according to the most reliable rumors) Eirwen felt alone and her so-called 'mother' became even more cruel. All their family's wealth and 'luckiness' also disappeared together with Marr. After some time, Eirwen cannot bare the feeling of emptiness and her step mother's tortures and insults and so, she packed up her packs and went outside to seek her life's worth.

Personality:
    A young pessimist, she values her friends very much. She's loyal. You may think she's an emo (An emo in Edil amarandth?! hah! ) but she's not, just alone and sad. She's a serious type of person, she doesn't laugh at jokes. She sometimes hates bard people because she find it that they live in a happy and magical world while she stays a mere powerless human.
    Last edited by Maerad(",); March 19th, 2010 at 01:27 PM.

Blog Entries
    Cool character! She sounds as if she looks a little like Maerad. Love the necklace, too, it's really pretty. She has a very LOTR-esque name, was that any inspiration? (Lol now I wanna see if I can make her on the sims. XD Permission?)

Hm. I suppose I might want to start on an OC of my own... also, if the opportunity arises, I will drop Saliman to take Nim It's said that Maerad travels north again to help make a sort of treaty between the Pilanel and Jussacks, so it's more than possible that they'd meet again. That is, if we'll allow picking up and dropping characters like that.

Blog Entries
    I searched very hard in google just to post that necklace, good thing you like it! *phew* Nope, actually, I haven't read LOTR yet. I'm still saving money to buy the books.

Oh, where shall the RP start? And also, are we still going to use the fanfics? (From the Ashes, The Empty Grave)

Quote Originally Posted by Maiablackwolf
    I will drop Saliman to take Nim It's said that Maerad travels north again to help make a sort of treaty between the Pilanel and Jussacks, so it's more than possible that they'd meet again. That is, if we'll allow picking up and dropping characters like that.
    Ohhh!! That would be so cute!
    Last edited by Maerad(",); March 23rd, 2010 at 07:56 AM.

Blog Entries
    I think it should start about a month after The Singing; give everyone a little time to settle in. And I'd like it better if we used the fanfics, yes, although it may be a little hard to fit it to them, seeing as neither is finished. Maybe work with the basic loophole concepts, but don't follow the exact storylines? Otherwise it'd be like copying and pasting, lol.

Also, we'll have to wait until we have a Cadvan and a Hekibel.

Also also, ServalSpirit, are you going to play Irc as well, or do you think someone else should take him? Irc often goes hand in wing with Hem, if you know what I mean.

Yeah, I remember it in the appendices, and Nim has actually topped my favourite character list since I last mentioned it, sooooooo...

Blog Entries
    haha! I am excited for this!